IT.COM

question Year old .eu domain threatened for incorrect Whois. Why?

NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So I've had two .eu domains over at Crazydomains for over a year. The domains were registered not problems. Now I transferred them to Dynadot.

Why is it now there is an issue with the whois accuracy? I mean for a whole year both were in good standing.

I find out later from Eurid.eu that all the whois info is correct except for the country which was ES not USA which is what all my domains from CrazyDomains are or at least should be.

So after sending Eurid.eu my info they said because of my country location. I do not qualify to own .eu domains.

Are there any registrars with registered agent service for .eu domains? preferably cheap?

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.eu is only for people located in the European union... Try searching for whois trustee if you still want to keep them... versio.eu is one that i think offers this.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. but how is it possible I had them for a year? and no issues?

To be honest never did check the whois on these. Were they ES (Spain) instead of USA all this time and I never knew?

But this is exactly how Eurid discovered me. Why did they just find me out just now? I don't get it.

how much does versio.eu charge?

•••
Eurid sometimes runs checks on domain names and their whois data. It is not exactly the most diligent registry in this respect and it may have found your domain names by accident. I'm not sure about the legal status of proxy/trustee registrations for .EU domain names but it might be worth checking that out first as Eurid might decide to go after proxy/trustee services.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Eurid sometimes runs checks on domain names and their whois data. It is not exactly the most diligent registry in this respect and it may have found your domain names by accident. I'm not sure about the legal status of proxy/trustee registrations for .EU domain names but it might be worth checking that out first as Eurid might decide to go after proxy/trustee services.

Regards...jmcc

I suspect all this time. CrazyDomains cleverly put ES as my country just to register my domains.

"their way" of doing "Trustee Service" lol This was not my request. My info is on default as USA for all my domains with them.

problem now is that these domains are with Dynadot and I doubt I can transfer them again to a company like Marcaria that charges $15 for .eu Whois Trustee service.

So now I'm "stuck" I guess?

Dynadot does not have a trustee service.

and I'm guess since I just transferred these domains they are now on 60 day lock?

•••
I suspect all this time. CrazyDomains cleverly put ES as my country just to register my domains.

"their way" of doing "Trustee Service" lol This was not my request. My info is on default as USA for all my domains with them.

problem now is that these domains are with Dynadot and I doubt I can transfer them again to a company like Marcaria that charges $15 for .eu Whois Trustee service.

So now I'm "stuck" I guess?

Dynadot does not have a trustee service.

and I'm guess since I just transferred these domains they are now on 60 day lock?

INWX charges € 2.50/yr for EU. trustee service
plus € 7.48 - ongoing reg/transfer/renewal rate
they are a good Germaby based registrar overall

https://www.inwx.com/en/eu-domain.html

•••

To be honest never did check the whois on these. Were they ES (Spain) instead of USA all this time and I never knew?

But this is exactly how Eurid discovered me. Why did they just find me out just now? I don't get it.

how much does versio.eu charge?

€6,99 and trustee service is free as far as I know. Never needed it as I'm from the EU but they offered it for free on UK domains in the past.

•••
Here is a business idea, make a registrar and let people register domains under your name.
For example me, I am from EU and I can offer on my page only EU related tld's.
Someone else that is from Canada, can offer .CA and so on

But if they do stupid things with the domain, then they will all come to you :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back