Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Yahoo Registration Oddness

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

DomainPump

Account Closed
Impact
8
Seems like just about whatever I type into Yahoo's WHOIS search is available. Seems pretty odd that PVR.com is available when other WHOIS says it isnt? How is EAR.com available? Is this a catch or a glitch?

Gee, looks like BABE.com is available too! See attached...

This has been going on for at least a week now and I figured I'd ask.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Sometimes registrar's whois services are down, causing the misreporting of domain availability. I don't remember a time that it went on for a week straight, but Yahoo seems to be lowering the standard at the moment.
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=145068

-Allan
 
0
•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Sometimes registrar's whois services are down, causing the misreporting of domain availability. I don't remember a time that it went on for a week straight, but Yahoo seems to be lowering the standard at the moment.
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=145068

-Allan

Thanks for the confirmation. I just thought, gee! why not at least try to register the name? When I put in the credit card info and contact info it said "A second check on this name has shown that the domain is no longer available". <-- that to me is where the raised eyebrow should be. Why couldnt the "second check" be performed right up front UNLESS... ;)

Thanks again, the other link was very informative as well.
 
0
•••
Imagine a hundred people or so having that same result. And then what will
happen next.

Yeesh...
 
0
•••
DomainPump said:
Seems like just about whatever I type into Yahoo's WHOIS search is available. Seems pretty odd that PVR.com is available when other WHOIS says it isnt? How is EAR.com available? Is this a catch or a glitch?

Gee, looks like BABE.com is available too! See attached...

This has been going on for at least a week now and I figured I'd ask.
I have noticed even whois.ws sometimes says sites are available when they are not. However, I never have run across a time when a domain was listed as taken when it was really available.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back