Dynadot

Yahoo/Google

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Even if I am doing all my best to optimizate some of my website for Google, I am reciving hundrets of visits / day from yahoo ! and none from google
what should I do ? It's Yahoo better then Google ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, it just means that yahoo yelds more results in your particular case.

•••
You have have to create the right inbound anchor text (links) with high PR sites. Perferably one way links from high pr sites.

•••
seo is more of an art and always changing. Furthermore, the ranking algorithms are different between any of the SEs, particularly after Yahoo! ceased using Google for its search facilities sometime back. Thus, if you're looking at more Google results, focus more on the specifics that makes sites tick for GOOG, including tons of backlinks (of course), optimized pages, relevant content, and so on.

•••
Thats Right,

It will also help if you till us your website address so that we can take a look at it or at least till us what is your targeted market.

•••
Yahoo focuses a lot on on-page SEO (content) and google on off-page SEO (backlinks), and I've also experienced that Yahoo likes good keywords in the domain name much more than google..

Google does also seem to favor "older" sites over newer ones.

•••
Redleg said:
Yahoo focuses a lot on on-page SEO (content) and google on off-page SEO (backlinks), and I've also experienced that Yahoo likes good keywords in the domain name much more than google..

Google does also seem to favor "older" sites over newer ones.
maybe that is why my sites do better in google.

•••
I do believe that Yahoo has a better way of managing and ranking its search engine than Google. It gives more relevant results. Although I've had more hits from Google as more people seem to use it than with Google.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back