domain YachtSales.today

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
since buying the 22 .today domains earlier today, I've added another 8 to my collection. Wondering about their resale for eCommerce Platforms?

YachtSales.today
BikeSales.today
WineSales.today
BeerSales.today
GiftSales.today
GourmetGifts.today
SkyDeals.today
CruiseDeals.today

Spent a total of $60 on these 30 domains today. I don't even know if there is a name for this sort of domain, but if I were looking to develop an online business, I'd surely consider it. Who wouldn't want to make sales/deals today? When you're just a DomainDrunk:wacky: this is the sort of thing that can happen. Thanks,

Bulloney

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Meh. $0.
I dropped about 20 .today.
Motorboat.today / motorboats.today wouldn't sell for $1.
Any value in .today is in premium single words like loan.today, bank.today, bitcoin.today.

•••
Meh. $0.
I dropped about 20 .today.
Motorboat.today / motorboats.today wouldn't sell for $1.
Any value in .today is in premium single words like loan.today, bank.today, bitcoin.today.

I hear you, I've accumulated a dozen one word .today domains, but would you more likely go to Beer.today or FreeBeer.today or BeerSale.today? Granted, one word domains are typically better than two word domains, but not always:xf.grin:

•••
Reg fee .today and .tomorrow probably .NextYear too

•••
Have to agree. Little to no value. I would stop registering gtlds like this until you get a better sense of which (if any) have value. It is tossing money down the drain imo.

•••
Just picked up AntiqueDeals.today. This would be for anyone running an antique eCommerce business. Check out a buddy of mines site PingPong.gives to get a feel for the aesthetics of this kind of domain.

On another note, a buddy of mine ate at 13.5% over Thanksgiving. He grew up close by.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
•••
@Bulloney

Its me again...yes I can be stubborn :xf.smile: but I have good intentions

Im not having a go here, Im trying to save you those renewal costs next year because these 2 and 3 word .today names wont sell unless you can flip them for $5 each to another .today domain collector. Try not to buy names that you think are good or that appeal to you, try and put yourself in the end-user's shoes. I know if I was starting a company, I would want the .com and my local cctld. You start a business called "Antique Deals", 99.9% of the word will type in AntiqueDeals.com or AntiqueDeals.co.uk if you are from the UK. Imagine the pain in explaining to every person that the domain extension is .today have never heard of it. It really is very easy when new to the game to get caught up in buying more and more names because you like them and think they will sell. The best strategy is buy a few names, then try and sell one, if you can'y sell any of them, you need to revise your strategy and ask yourself "Am I buying the right names?"

You keep saying things like this "This would be for anyone running an antique eCommerce business"

The issue you have is companies aren't interested in buying these new extensions, so unless you plan on developing all these names you are buying, which is not the case as you would need a whole team of developers for this, its just money down the drain, especially as you own 500+ names.

Its been proven time and time again over the years, new extensions have come our regularly over the last 20 years and they end up just fading away after a year or 2 of domainer hype, thats all it is, domainers pushing the extensions, have a look at how many are developed or used by end-users?? Its a very, very small amount, which just limits your chances of ever making a sale, you have to get very lucky.

So its fine to say it would make a great site for this or it looks or sounds great, but if nobody is buying it from you, its just ends up expiring in a year or 2 and thats your registration fees wasted.

A little trick you might not know about, type this below in Google and it brings up sites using .today which can be useful in domaining, especially when trying to find buyers for similar domains or just researching an extension, this works with any extension :xf.smile:

site:.today

Good luck

Last edited:
•••
@Bulloney

Its me again...yes I can be stubborn :xf.smile: but I have good intentions

Im not having a go here, Im trying to save you those renewal costs next year because these 2 and 3 word .today names wont sell unless you can flip them for $5 each to another .today domain collector. Try not to buy names that you think are good or that appeal to you, try and put yourself in the end-user's shoes. I know if I was starting a company, I would want the .com and my local cctld. You start a business called "Antique Deals", 99.9% of the word will type in AntiqueDeals.com or AntiqueDeals.co.uk if you are from the UK. Imagine the pain in explaining to every person that the domain extension is .today have never heard of it. It really is very easy when new to the game to get caught up in buying more and more names because you like them and think they will sell. The best strategy is buy a few names, then try and sell one, if you can'y sell any of them, you need to revise your strategy and ask yourself "Am I buying the right names?"

You keep saying things like this "This would be for anyone running an antique eCommerce business"

The issue you have is companies aren't interested in buying these new extensions, so unless you plan on developing all these names you are buying, which is not the case as you would need a whole team of developers for this, its just money down the drain, especially as you own 500+ names.

Its been proven time and time again over the years, new extensions have come our regularly over the last 20 years and they end up just fading away after a year or 2 of domainer hype, thats all it is, domainers pushing the extensions, have a look at how many are developed or used by end-users?? Its a very, very small amount, which just limits your chances of ever making a sale, you have to get very lucky.

So its fine to say it would make a great site for this or it looks or sounds great, but if nobody is buying it from you, its just ends up expiring in a year or 2 and thats your registration fees wasted.

A little trick you might not know about, type this below in Google and it brings up sites using .today which can be useful in domaining, especially when trying to find buyers for similar domains or just researching an extension, this works with any extension :xf.smile:

site:.today

Good luck

Thanks Giles...good stuff, but I'm looking at the .today extensions different than most. A couple of hours ago I explained my reasoning in a post that I did on the Business and Marketing forum here on NamePro's. I definately see where you're coming from, but I see domains like, MarijuanaSales.today, AutoDeals.today and YachtSales.today as intriguing and eye appealing. They also portray a different narrative, and serve a dual purpose compared to a traditional .com domain. As a matter of fact, you can't own any of these three domains with the .com extension. Two of them, MarijuanaSales and YachtSales already have business websites, and the AutoDeals.com site is for sale at GoDaddy for 65K as seen here; https://www.godaddy.com/dpp/find?checkAvail=1&domainToCheck=autodeals.com&isc=gdbba773
btw, 65K is a joke, but I could see it going for between 15k and 30K.

So take AutoDeals.today as a domain...you and I know it won't sell itself. However, it's my belief, that shown and explained to an interested buyer, it could sell anywhere from 1K to 10K. Giles, these domains can't really be one word domains...how do you say AutoDeals or AutoSales using one word?

Giles, a friend of mine has the domain PingPong.gives, it's a 501c3 Charity, in that it "gives" back. As a business guy, when I saw how it worked, and how it looked, I was impressed. You can probably tell, I'm pretty passionate about everything I do, and if I believe in something, my passion will help me sell it.

Bottomline, if I thought these domains were garbage, I wouldn't own them, and I sure as heck couldn't sell them. Finally, my total investment in what I would consider to be pretty special domains is $132, and if I can't get at least an "average" of $100 a piece for them, I'll be disappointed.

Thanks Giles, and I'm happy we're getting to know each other. God Bless!

Bulloney:xf.grin:

•••
I see domains like, MarijuanaSales.today, AutoDeals.today and YachtSales.today as intriguing and eye appealing.

Fair enough, this is the mistake because "you" see them as appealing, put yourself in the end-user shoes, they wont see them as appealing as you do and the previous sales prove that. AutoDeals.com is a great name but thats because its a global extension recognized by everyone. Previous sales like these indicate the potential of .com and strong cctld's

HotelDeals.com sold - $170K
DailyDeals.co.uk - $55K
TopDeals.com - 440k

The bottom line is if you don't develop these yourself, they wont sell to end-users.

Giles, these domains can't really be one word domains...how do you say AutoDeals or AutoSales using one word?

This is part of the problem, it has to be 3 words, which are not popular and hard to sell, if you had News.Today or Sport.Today, that would be a lot better

I would certainly slow down with the regging, develop or sell some first or those pesky renewals will suddenly hit you hard in December 2018 :xf.wink:

•••
I don't see any resale value on these type of registrations.

.TODAY has been out for around 3 1/2 years and NameBio.com only shows 18 total sales. Of those only 9 were above $1K.

Great single word terms barely sell in this extension.

Brad

•••
Nice sum up gilescoley! Always appreciate when someone with you experience and time in the business weigh in for us relatively new domainers. I am just back dabbling in the business again after getting out in 2002 to go into the art & antiques business. The landscape with tlds has changed so much that it is easy to fall into this trap you mentioned of buying gtld names that seem appealing because if in the .com they would be premium names. The gtlds are NOT premium names and I have tried to be very careful in the space. One of my only registrations in this area has been Blogging.Network. Even there, Blog.Network is the real play. A lot of people are just making the registrars & tld owners rich and throwing our money down the pipe. I especially recommend staying out of the Bitcoin space with all the highly speculative registrations I see domainers posting here in the forum. There is going to be a landslide of drops in a year or two of these imo. Thanks again, Cheers.

•••
Nice sum up gilescoley! Always appreciate when someone with you experience and time in the business weigh in for us relatively new domainers. I am just back dabbling in the business again after getting out in 2002 to go into the art & antiques business. The landscape with tlds has changed so much that it is easy to fall into this trap you mentioned of buying gtld names that seem appealing because if in the .com they would be premium names. The gtlds are NOT premium names and I have tried to be very careful in the space. One of my only registrations in this area has been Blogging.Network. Even there, Blog.Network is the real play. A lot of people are just making the registrars & tld owners rich and throwing our money down the pipe. I especially recommend staying out of the Bitcoin space with all the highly speculative registrations I see domainers posting here in the forum. There is going to be a landslide of drops in a year or two of these imo. Thanks again, Cheers.

Speaking of "weighing" in, I just picked up the one word domain; "weigh.today" Think I can't get a weight loss clinic or doc to buy this domain for more than 1.99? Sure I'm a salesman, but "weigh.today"?

Thanks again for weighing in guys.

•••
You might be able sell anything with enough effort. It is far more helpful to just buy something with natural demand to start with.

Brad

•••
You might be able sell anything with enough effort. It is far more helpful to just buy something with natural demand to start with.

Brad

Frankly, if presented right, I don't think these domains will be that hard to sell. Here are five more I just bought. Granted, the more generic names like TryHard.today and GetSerious.today will be harder to sell, and names like CatchFish.today, LoseWght.today, and StartDiet.today should be easier to sell.

Note, it helps to have 50 years of business peers and friends who are familiar with all aspects of business, like friends who own restaurants, fishing boats, doctors, builders, car dealers yacht brokers, and I even have a few friends who are antique dealers.

TryHard.today
GetSerious.today
CatchFish.today
StartDiet.today
LoseWght.today

Most here don't seem to understand what I see in the .today concept, but over the last few days I've had an opportunity to run it by non domainers, and they like the idea. As a business guy, remember I really liked the PingPong.gives idea that I first heard about 90 days ago. Suggest you go to their site to learn how this kind of domain can be a perfect fit. Thank,

Bulloney

•••
Frankly, if presented right, I don't think these domains will be that hard to sell. Here are five more I just bought. Granted, the more generic names like TryHard.today and GetSerious.today will be harder to sell, and names like CatchFish.today, LoseWght.today, and StartDiet.today should be easier to sell.

Note, it helps to have 50 years of business peers and friends who are familiar with all aspects of business, like friends who own restaurants, fishing boats, doctors, builders, car dealers yacht brokers, and I even have a few friends who are antique dealers.

TryHard.today
GetSerious.today
CatchFish.today
StartDiet.today
LoseWght.today

Most here don't seem to understand what I see in the .today concept, but over the last few days I've had an opportunity to run it by non domainers, and they like the idea. As a business guy, remember I really liked the PingPong.gives idea that I first heard about 90 days ago. Suggest you go to their site to learn how this kind of domain can be a perfect fit. Thank,

Bulloney

There is a big difference between theoretical sales and actual sales.

Good luck.

Brad

•••
This is by far my favorite LoseWght.today,
3 word mispell, but its cool. Whats the lowest you would take for it?

•••
This is by far my favorite LoseWght.today,
3 word mispell, but its cool. Whats the lowest you would take for it?

Actually, LoseWeight.today was already taken, so I looked up an abbreviation for weight, and voila! A friend of mine gave me the idea while at lunch today. Funny though, in my haste I bought PurfumeSale.today, but since it was just a 1.99 mistake, I bought it spelled correctly. Finally, not sure how much I'd sell LoseWght.today for, at least until I tried to sell it to a player with deep pockets in the weight loss industry.

Thanks

•••
Actually, LoseWeight.today was already taken, so I looked up an abbreviation for weight, and voila! A friend of mine gave me the idea while at lunch today. Funny though, in my haste I bought PurfumeSale.today, but since it was just a 1.99 mistake, I bought it spelled correctly. Finally, not sure how much I'd sell LoseWght.today for, at least until I tried to sell it to a player with deep pockets in the weight loss industry.

Thanks

2 word typo domain in .Today.

You are just wasting your money at this point.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
2 word typo domain in .Today.

You are just wasting your money at this point.

Brad
Actually just "purfume" was my only typo.. 'Weight" has several abbreviations of which "wght" is one. So I lost 1.99, I give that every day to the Salvation Army, and a lot more than that to Kiwanis Charities. But other than money, I give of my time. How about you? It's obvious you're laughing, but your laughter encourages my success. Obviously, you don't know me:xf.grin:

Bulloney

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back