Dynadot

discuss .XYZ THREAD - Sales, Regs, Discussion, News, Debates

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
I searched out all the threads and there isn't an officially designated .xyz thread so how about this one to cover the subject?

So to start off my first xyz reg is:

SH3.xyz
:xf.grin:

Sh stands for Shanghai

May have little value if any but I like short domains as possible that I can get in new extensions and with majority of numbers taken I figured why not for the low reg fee right now. Plus it sorry of rhymes.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Frankly.. I think the problem in the end is that .xyz will have virtually no SERIOUS END USERS. For now, yes, we can see there are a lot of people suddenly drooling over the chance to buy .XYZ names as an INVESTMENT. LOL Dudes.. when you only have investors.. and virtually no serious end users.. it means it's not gonna work long-term. How long are you investors gonna hold on to your .ZYZ names at $11 / year?

This is such a huge bubble growing. I have 2 - 3 what I would definitely call "super premium" .xyz names.. but that's it. I didn't go and buy hundreds of these stupid things.. even for .99 cents.

At least the word and extension .Club conveys a real meaning. Seriously. Think about it.

•••
Frankly.. I think the problem in the end is that .xyz will have virtually no SERIOUS END USERS. For now, yes, we can see there are a lot of people suddenly drooling over the chance to buy .XYZ names as an INVESTMENT. LOL Dudes.. when you only have investors.. and virtually no serious end users.. it means it's not gonna work long-term. How long are you investors gonna hold on to your .ZYZ names at $11 / year?

This is such a huge bubble growing. I have 2 - 3 what I would definitely call "super premium" .xyz names.. but that's it. I didn't go and buy hundreds of these stupid things.. even for .99 cents.

At least the word and extension .Club conveys a real meaning. Seriously. Think about it.

By your argument, a good chunk of the domaining industry has in fact steered towards a bubble. Why is .xyz an exception? A domain name was primarily intended to be of use as a means to reflect content and not as it has become today - A collectible investment for the sake of being a collectible.

•••
You do know people can check for themselves and see what I posted is true? These aren't some super secret tools. I see 6 sales on Flippa for .club. 16 at GoDaddy

Do we want to talk about sale prices? I see .xyz selling at NJ but 9 over $1000.

I do know you know Namebio, you're just too lazy to do your homework and see that they are not RESALES. They are initial purchases from the registry. Fantastic sales at that but all those Godaddy listing you are showing me are simply a deal between Godaddy and Dot Club to turn those in as a sales. And they are. Just not an original owner selling it to a new owner. Go use another tool like DomainTools and you will see that nice big sale of Green.club has only one registrant EVER.

So yes, dot club is killing it. But we are domain investors. We make money selling it to someone else for more money. That is not happening yet. And so far you haven't given me one shred of proof that it has. You keep pointing me to registry sales. We both agree those are awesome.

•••
As in any business if your supply outweighs demand you've got a problem.

Think how many new domains are now available for a buyer to choose from let alone to register in some obscure extension.

I can see big players buying up the premium one worders, numerics, chips etc in dot com maybe dot net and thee super premiums in dotg whatever , but Imo in time the drops will be in the millions once peopled realize that the only peopole making roi is the registrars selling product .

So with that said there will be a crash eventually and the majority of the regs now will be worth less than reg fee cause there will be no buyers for the domains.

Even with millions of new domainers getting into the business they will be getting new ones or grabbing drops, end users will research the heck out of the domains they can choose from cause there is so many to pick from.

As well its not the extension its what's left of the dot that counts but if you don't have the dot com then who cares about the extension you use?

Club xyz info net org tech online blah blah its basically all the same now just spelled differently.

Thee TLD creation of late was for one thing to make the registrar's richer cause they knew dot com needed competition to drive the industry forward.

Com will never crumble !

•••
I do know you know Namebio, you're just too lazy to do your homework and see that they are not RESALES. They are initial purchases from the registry. Fantastic sales at that but all those Godaddy listing you are showing me are simply a deal between Godaddy and Dot Club to turn those in as a sales. And they are. Just not an original owner selling it to a new owner. Go use another tool like DomainTools and you will see that nice big sale of Green.club has only one registrant EVER.

So yes, dot club is killing it. But we are domain investors. We make money selling it to someone else for more money. That is not happening yet. And so far you haven't given me one shred of proof that it has. You keep pointing me to registry sales. We both agree those are awesome.

I actually did, you pick and choose what you read. I also pointed out the Flippa sales. Does this forum count? People selling to other people or for you, just NJ?

Looking at Flippa, xyz sales. States for under $60. cartoon last week for $105. The NJ sales, not very big. So yeah, there is an aftermarket, just pretty low.

"Fantastic sales at that but all those Godaddy listing you are showing me are simply a deal between Godaddy and Dot Club to turn those in as a sales"

"Just not an original owner selling it to a new owner."

And isn't that some of the recent xyz sales? Who's names are these, aren't these the registry? From the text to the left "We created........" it seems like it is.

http://www.namejet.com/featuredauctions/xyz

So if you want to discount the .club GoDaddy sales, should we also discount the NJ .xyz sales you're pointing to as well?

Last edited:
•••
I'm done with you JB. I own exactly 5 .xyz and they are all NNN.xyz. But you for some reason are against .xyz. This isn't the stock market. You can't short extensions. So why in the world are you so negative against any G? It serves no purpose. You should root for all of them. The more extensions that succeed, the better chance we have to make money. We're both here arguing in the forums so obviously neither one of is very successful, because we wouldn't have the time to continue this meaningless argument if we were.

•••
I'm done with you JB. I own exactly 5 .xyz and they are all NNN.xyz. But you for some reason are against .xyz. This isn't the stock market. You can't short extensions. So why in the world are you so negative against any G? It serves no purpose. You should root for all of them. The more extensions that succeed, the better chance we have to make money. We're both here arguing in the forums so obviously neither one of is very successful, because we wouldn't have the time to continue this meaningless argument if we were.

That's great, you didn't actually address anything in my post tho. From that to calling names, telling me about NJ xyz sales, but not touching they were the same type of deal you seem to have a problem with when GoDaddy and .club do it.

My first post today was talking about valuing .xyz names. My posts were all on topic. This is a discussion/debate thread. But it's not what's really wanted. Good sales only, reg numbers from here on out only.

Last edited:
•••
So how bout these xyzs huh. Good looks. Passing biz right by

•••
All of these arguments, but neither consider the pace of momentum. Not every extension will gather thrust at equal speeds. One day you wake up and BOOOM, everyone wants an .XYZ or a .Pro. It may or may not happen. This is why the industry is speculative. Else, we would have prices listed like Gold and Stocks.

•••
i have $+1000 in profits
Probably not, have to actually start looking at the sales chart, data, market. Not buyout lists, hype threads etc.

Only 1 reported sale over $1,000 this month via Namebio. 1. For an extension with 2.2+ million regs. It's been well over a year and a half since they've been available to the public.

I see 0 llll.xyz sales via Namebio.

There are now 13 registrars where you can get them for under $2 which would account for the high reg numbers, according to - https://namestat.org/xyz

So actually looking at (reported) sales, since reg numbers don't put money in your wallet, there's not much really happening.

I sale almost 10 lll.xyz for $100 each , namebio dont have this domains.

•••
i have $+1000 in profits

I sale almost 10 lll.xyz for $100 each , namebio dont have this domains.

You're a little all over the map with .xyz. Couple of days ago, don't sell, hold to 2017 you tell other people.

Its not time for sale.
for me,.. one year from now.. 2017.. but, depend xyz number

Yet you're not doing that. I do see those $100 sales, I also see the ones you're selling for under that for $70 - https://www.namepros.com/threads/xyz-three-letter-domain-for-sale-ysi-xyz.918395/#post-5310169

3 letters. Just had a 4l buyout. Why aren't you holding them? People are saying prices are going to go up. Do you believe that?

Last edited:
•••
You're a little all over the map with .xyz. Couple of days ago, don't sell, hold to 2017 you tell other people.

Yet you're not doing that. I do see those $100 sales, I also see the ones you're selling for under that for $70 - https://www.namepros.com/threads/xyz-three-letter-domain-for-sale-ysi-xyz.918395/#post-5310169

3 letters. Just had a 4l buyout. Why aren't you holding them? People are saying prices are going to go up. Do you believe that?

i sale only ugly domains..I keep the best...i need to play with a low investment for the next year..so, register only winning horses.

--------------------------------------------
my .xyz / japanese and chinese

xingbie - sex

babaiba = Eight hundred eighty

bashiba = eighty eight

baqian = The money

chie - wisdom

quon - Eternity

huabanche - scoorter

huiqing - not sure ?!

qibajiu -789

nakama - friend

shichi - quality

taiya - tire

baty - chacao - chih - chiq - chiy - chns - daliu - eiji - eiko - ishi - JONG - kiew - kuok - kuen - muho - ninhao - seah - shaiming - shig - shipinyouxi - shuhuajia - suho - taoyun - tmai - wingyip - xiongdiyi - yoki - yueyuan - zuijin -

•••
I think whats not being pointed out is many .xyz sales don't get reported. This goes for many new extensions. I sold sun(dot)run around the holidays and didn't report the sale, or price simply because I didn't want too out of respect for the buyer. I think many other domainers do the same...

•••
I think whats not being pointed out is many .xyz sales don't get reported. This goes for many new extensions. I sold sun(dot)run around the holidays and didn't report the sale, or price simply because I didn't want too out of respect for the buyer. I think many other domainers do the same...

I agree with you in that a lot of sales don't get reported. Part of it is and let's just be honest about it. People don't want to report small sales. Look at the prior post. He was happy mentioning $100 sales, didn't mention the $70 ones. People talk about their sales all day long on this forum. And I understand that. Small sales aren't inspiring. It doesn't help if you're trying to sell them. I've seen that in other threads. Some people cherry picking some sales, saying this is the market. Then somebody posts after that, showing the other sales they don't want to talk about, giving a better picture of that market.

•••
I agree with you in that a lot of sales don't get reported. Part of it is and let's just be honest about it. People don't want to report small sales. Look at the prior post. He was happy mentioning $100 sales, didn't mention the $70 ones. People talk about their sales all day long on this forum. And I understand that. Small sales aren't inspiring. It doesn't help if you're trying to sell them.

so far : honestly : $500 invested $1700 profits.

i pay only $1 each... sale from $100 to $600

•••
I offered someone $500.00 for a LLL.xyz chip yesterday, they owned several so I thought what the heck let me see what they're thinking. Received a reply today and all it said was No thanks. Oh well I would have done the same.. :D

•••
Is there any observed price on non-Chip LLL?

•••
I offered someone $500.00 for a LLL.xyz chip yesterday, they owned several so I thought what the heck let me see what they're thinking. Received a reply today and all it said was No thanks. Oh well I would have done the same.. :D

do not do that,,,, its just business

•••
You could actually get stats for current .xyz pricing, at major auction sites like namejet, flippa, and GD auctions, at the link in my signature. I posted it in the free stuff thread here at Namepros, on the account that it was free and didn't cost any money and all, and Namepros moved it off to Bumfuk, Egypt. That is an actual place. It's a place that no one ever goes, though.

•••
•••
do not do that,,,, its just business

I would have easily offered more for their xyz chip because I liked it but all I got was a "no thanks" and nothing else. They should at least put a price on it IMO, even if it's not what I'm wanting to pay. :D

•••
Is there any observed price on non-Chip LLL?

I own several chip and non chip but I recently purchased a non chip for $300.00 but it's a word non chip. I think I got a great deal though...

•••
To understand why .xyz (likely was- Network effects) a good bet from an investment standpoint, look at VC investment/indices for investments involving growth etc. My very simple version: it's not about whether it wins every time, it's how many times it wins out of 10 and what that result averages to (not an expert though).

•••
Frankly.. I think the problem in the end is that .xyz will have virtually no SERIOUS END USERS.
You are quite right, there is only one very prominent end user using .xyz as a word play. However the fundamentals are still the same. The TLD is still meaningless and unfit for serious projects.
I would never use it for a real business. Would you ?

.xyz is a fad.

At some point people will realize that:
  • .Google's 'endorsement' is no game changer
  • .xyz is not the next .com
  • .xyz will not take their business to the next level, because it looks silly and childish
I wonder how many of the .xyz sellers truly believe .xyz is business-grade.
If they do, it means they may have fallen for the hype.
If they don't then it means they are peddling merchandize they don't believe in. Looking for another bigger sucker.

If it is a fad like I think it is, then it will not last and .xyz will depreciate more or less sharply.
We have seen it before.

This is such a huge bubble growing.
I agree. There is a mobi-style bubble among domainers.
My advice: flip while you can, just don't treat it like an investment-grade TLD.
The day of reckoning shall come.

Disclosure: I have bought exactly zero .xyz, nothing to lose (or gain) by criticizing :)

•••
Is it really going this fast?:

CCC xyz.jpg

That would be about 2.7K names. Almost all at once.

Bubble or not (I hope it's not, I made my bet months ago) this is growing faster than I could imagine.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back