Domain Empire

discuss .XYZ THREAD - Sales, Regs, Discussion, News, Debates

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
I searched out all the threads and there isn't an officially designated .xyz thread so how about this one to cover the subject?

So to start off my first xyz reg is:

SH3.xyz
:xf.grin:

Sh stands for Shanghai

May have little value if any but I like short domains as possible that I can get in new extensions and with majority of numbers taken I figured why not for the low reg fee right now. Plus it sorry of rhymes.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And then look at .me and .mobi, right now? It does seem like .xyz is more sustainable than .mobi, which was a flop as of now.

February, half way done. Reported sales over $500. 3

islam - $505
inn - $1,102
maryland - $510, which was actually a package of 9 premium domains at Flippa. So you could get a state for under $60. 5 states in that package. Here it is:
https://flippa.com/5429476-6-million-residents-listing-includes-9-premium-xyz-domains

That's not impressive to me. It's been out over a year and half now. You don't think the sales should be better, both in volume and price?

Do you think the low reg prices are hurting the extension?

•••
.club, as as of today, has more than .mobi and .xyz is going to soon pass .biz

Exactly. You can twist sales data to make one extension's future seem dull. But those who have invested in .xyz have only heard good things so far.

•••
February, half way done. Reported sales over $500. 3

islam - $505
inn - $1,102
maryland - $510, which was actually a package of 9 premium domains at Flippa. So you could get a state for under $60

That's not impressive to me. It's been out over a year and half now. You don't think the sales should be better, both in volume and price?
So JB, you don't think a $20..maybe $35 investment for a $500, or $1,100 sale in two years time is 'impressive' huh? I'd follow you around (begrudgingly :alien2:) and pick up those $400, $1,000, or more piles you 'shun on' and pass on! The bottom line is in 'all this' domaining game is 'investing' and making money, no matter what extension. Like in stocks, there are short term investments, and long term investments. But feel free to pass on all the low hanging fruit (you too could be grabbing early) and leave for others that don't mind making a 1000+% roi. It's probably more fun to just critique that process and those that follow it. Your call.

And I think that Maryland sale was actually 'a great buy', and why I did so!! :-,

•••
So JB, you don't think a $20..maybe $35 investment for a $500, or $1,100 sale in two years time is 'impressive' huh? I'd follow you around (begrudgingly :alien2:) and pick up those $400, $1,000, or more piles you 'shun on' and pass on! The bottom line is in 'all this' domaining game is 'investing' and making money, no matter what extension. Like in stocks, there are short term investments, and long term investments. But feel free to pass on all the low hanging fruit (you too could be grabbing early) and leave for others that don't mind making a 1000+% roi. It's probably more fun to just critique that process and those that follow it. Your call.

And I think that Maryland sale was actually 'a great buy', and why I did so!! :-,

You only bolded part of what I posted but left off what came after that:

"It's been out over a year and half now. You don't think the sales should be better, both in volume and price?"

Do you have an answer to that?

•••
You only bolded part of what I posted but left off what came after that:

"It's been out over a year and half now. You don't think the sales should be better, both in volume and price?"

Do you have an answer to that?
So JB, you don't think a $20..maybe $35 investment for a $500, or $1,100 sale in two years time is 'impressive'

•••
I'll be more than happy to answer that, once you actually address what I posted:

"That's not impressive to me. It's been out over a year and half now. You don't think the sales should be better, both in volume and price?"

Are you impressed with only 2 reported sales over $500 so far in Feb, for an extension with 2.2 million regs?

You knew what I was talking about, you took it out of context because you didn't want to touch it.

Last edited:
•••
JB, I'm sure you argue with your own shadow over who's taller. Whatever. You seem to need some kind of fool proof, indisputable, proven in the Bible answer to justify others opinions on things. Good f-ing grief man. Do you think a couple hundred sales a week, out of 125+ million is 'impressive'??? Have fun proving the world isn't an exact a 'round circle'. I've got better things to do than 'prove' things to you, especially knowing you'll still be needing such months, years down the line.

Peace out.

•••
JB, I'm sure you argue with your own shadow over who's taller. Whatever. You seem to need some kind of fool proof, indisputable, proven in the Bible answer to justify others opinions on things. Good f-ing grief man. Do you think a couple hundred sales a week, out of 125+ million is 'impressive'??? Have fun proving the world isn't an exact a 'round circle'. I've got better things to do than 'prove' things to you, especially knowing you'll still be needing such months, years down the line.

Peace out.

Dodged it again. It was a simple question. That you purposely took it out of context, tells me a lot.

To your question, of course if you invest $35 and make $500 or $1000, that's good. It's profit. Not what I was talking about tho. And those are low amounts for keywords like that. I posted some sales in other extensions in regards to that.

Last edited:
•••
At some point, one of you will have to say that the future is unpredictable and the market is volatile throughout. Spend less time debating on it, and more time trying to find something to invest it. :P Time is money, isn't it?

•••
Ok, you talked about reg numbers, again. Let me ask you a few things.

Do sales matter to you as a domainer? Because I don't see you talking about that at all. How many people are talking about their actual sales in this thread? Where are all those posts at?

Of course sales matter, I sold half of what I had, I was very dumb and sold half of my really good .xyz domains for bulk to an investor, for mid to high xx each last year, did it again this year and sold my others for bulk to an investor here(namepro member) for mid xx. Remember these were 99 cent regs. Even if they were 2 dollar regs or 5 dollar regs, i made profit.

I sold my other LLL's as well, I have been getting offers for some of my really good domains like pocket.xyz and my other LLL just recently, but right now is not the time to sell IMO.

Everything I have left right now, I think in a couple of years they will be at least xxxx. That's what im waiting for, imo I would just put it somewhere and forget they even exist until time comes, and it will come, if things continue the way they are.

IMO the time for hand regging good keywords is almost gone, practically gone. You might search for days looking for gems, and get lucky (GARY DOT XYZ), its a very common name, top 30.

The question is, who will buy it, right? Too early, i mean i can sell it and make xxx, but rather hold onto it for long term. You cant deny how far it has come in such little time. You can either take advantage of it, or you don't. Remember any loss I will have should I have a loss will be like 100 dollars max. PEANUTS. The guys who were smart are the ones who mass regged chips, imo more so than keywords, even though almost all my regs are keywords.

Last edited:
•••
yrs
if you invest $35 and make $500 or $1000, that's good. It's profit. Not what I was talking about tho. And those are low amounts for keywords like that. I posted some sales in other extensions in regards to that.
Ok mister 'comparisons', let's look at your posted extensions comparisons and see how many years old those extensions are in your sale comparison and their achieved roi -

dream.xyz - 522 USD -2014--2 yrs old
dream.cc - 2,483 USD -1997--19 yrs old
dream.pro - 5,000 USD -2004--12 yrs old
dream.org - 25,000 USD -1985--31yrs old
dream.info - 3,160 USD -2001--15 yrs old

So based on your 'posted sale' comparison, I think it's fair to say that dream.xyz is doing 'a lot' better in relation to it's availability and roi, than all the others. (oops!)
So...what's your 'point' in your example and need of 'comparisons' to prove whatever you feel you need to prove?? (..ego!)

•••
For many of the sales, the value in context to sale price is not for the amount it was sold for, but the need to get some $$$ by the seller in that moment of decision. We automatically assume the sale price to be of market value and that can be for the most part, misleading.

•••
yrs Ok mister 'comparisons', let's look at your posted extensions comparisons and see how many years old those extensions are in your sale comparison and their achieved roi -

dream.xyz - 522 USD -2014--2 yrs old
dream.cc - 2,483 USD -1997--19 yrs old
dream.pro - 5,000 USD -2004--12 yrs old
dream.org - 25,000 USD -1985--31yrs old
dream.info - 3,160 USD -2001--15 yrs old

So based on your 'posted sale' comparison, I think it's fair to say that dream.xyz is doing 'a lot' better in relation to it's availability and roi, than all the others. (oops!)
So...what's your 'point' in your example and need of 'comparisons' to prove whatever you feel you need to prove?? (..ego!)

The nonsense you just posted. Take a look at other newer extensions, 2 years in and sales. Check .co, .me

So your thinking is, the sales will get better with age? Knowing the time these are coming out at?

•••
For many of the sales, the value in context to sale price is not for the amount it was sold for, but the need to get some $$$ by the seller in that moment of decision. We automatically assume the sale price to be of market value and that can be for the most part, misleading.

There are so many variables as to why a name was sold for a certain price. More often than not you will not know the reason. But I find people like to make one up in their mind so that it becomes an argument for their case.
I can cut this whole argument down into one statement. .XYZ is one of the very few, if not the only, new TLD that has an aftermarket, as small as that may be. And for domain investors that's how we make money so you should be rooting for it to succeed.

•••
There are so many variables as to why a name was sold for a certain price. More often than not you will not know the reason. But I find people like to make one up in their mind so that it becomes an argument for their case.
I can cut this whole argument down into one statement. .XYZ is one of the very few, if not the only, new TLD that has an aftermarket, as small as that may be. And for domain investors that's how we make money so you should be rooting for it to succeed.

.club? There is another thread where I compared the 2, not even close.

•••

Yes, certainly. I root for every single one of our fellow domainers to succeed. In the end, every sale, however small, adds to the significance and worth of our industry and by extension helps us all. :)

•••
.club? There is another thread where I compared the 2, not even close.
You're right, dot club isn't even close. I haven't seen one dot club at Namejet ever. And I said "resell". Dot club is doing fantastic but no reseller market. If there is, I'm not seeing it. I think there will be eventually though

•••
This is a very interesting and well made argument on both sides. No one is disputing the fact that there is risk involved with .xyz.

I would like to add that when this many people are involved the prophecy almost becomes self fulfilling.

There are many stakeholders in the extension outside of Negari and his associates. They let the good stuff go cheap early and now we're marketing it for them.

•••
The nonsense you just posted. Take a look at other newer extensions, 2 years in and sales. Check .co, .me
Keep changing the rules JB. Good grief. I quoted the comparisons you posted. So now since I disproved your 'comparison theory', now you go begging for me to check comparisons in other extensions?!? As if! You didn't do so, so I guess it wasn't that important in your original posting. So if you want to check and post 'every extensions' comparable sales...knock yourself out, and stop begging for others to do your here's my proof theories.

•••
You're right, dot club isn't even close. I haven't seen one dot club at Namejet ever. And I said "resell". Dot club is doing fantastic but no reseller market. If there is, I'm not seeing it. I think there will be eventually though

.club is super niche. If you ever see one on namejet I suspect it'll be a mega sale but it's just not comparable with xyz.

It's all about the monthly subscription business model on the high end and the local rowing/bridge/fencing/whatever on the low end.

•••
Keep changing the rules JB. Good grief. I quoted the comparisons you posted. So now since I disproved your 'comparison theory', now you go begging for me to check comparisons in other extensions?!? As if! You didn't do so, so I guess it wasn't that important in your original posting. So if you want to check and post 'every extensions' comparable sales...knock yourself out, and stop begging for others to do your here's my proof theories.

What are you even talking about? The quote still shows .xyz selling less than the other extensions. You just added age as if that meant something to you. So you're thinking, with age, these will increase? Why? That's the part you're leaving out. Why, with so many options and more coming like a .web. And one that is only 8.2% U.S. regs from what they can see - https://namestat.org/xyz

I mentioned .co and .me because they had no problem selling the first 2 years.

And I answered your question above, you still haven't touched mine. Because I doubt many people would find 2 reported sales over $500 for the month as impressive. Unless you were invested in it.

Last edited:
•••

Namejet is the only reseller market? I see it selling all over the place, GoDaddy, Sedo, NameSilo, Flippa, Namecon, Eachnic, other places I haven't heard of.

Of course, I was thinking of overall sales.

Using Namebio and reported sales over $1,000

.club - 146
.xyz - 36

And that's with a lot less regs.

•••
JB,

Namejet is the number one aftermarket in the world and if its a good TLD it WILL eventually pass through them. And you are dead wrong on .club selling on Godaddy and Flippa. Take away the special offering of numerics on Sedo and not even there. You do know who I am right? I watch every single auction, every single day. I know exactly what sells on the auction platforms and know it most likely as well as anyone in the industry. And they are not. But again, I love dot club, think it has a great future. Colin is doing an amazing job with the product. I would leave this alone if you weren't so wrong

•••
JB,

Namejet is the number one aftermarket in the world and if its a good TLD it WILL eventually pass through them. And you are dead wrong on .club selling on Godaddy and Flippa. Take away the special offering of numerics on Sedo and not even there. You do know who I am right? I watch every single auction, every single day. I know exactly what sells on the auction platforms and know it most likely as well as anyone in the industry. And they are not. But again, I love dot club, think it has a great future. Colin is doing an amazing job with the product. I would leave this alone if you weren't so wrong

You do know people can check for themselves and see what I posted is true? These aren't some super secret tools. I see 6 sales on Flippa for .club. 16 at GoDaddy

Do we want to talk about sale prices? I see .xyz selling at NJ but 9 over $1000.

•••
Frankly.. I think the problem in the end is that .xyz will have virtually no SERIOUS END USERS. For now, yes, we can see there are a lot of people suddenly drooling over the chance to buy .XYZ names as an INVESTMENT. LOL Dudes.. when you only have investors.. and virtually no serious end users.. it means it's not gonna work long-term. How long are you investors gonna hold on to your .ZYZ names at $11 / year?

This is such a huge bubble growing. I have 2 - 3 what I would definitely call "super premium" .xyz names.. but that's it. I didn't go and buy hundreds of these stupid things.. even for .99 cents.

At least the word and extension .Club conveys a real meaning. Seriously. Think about it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back