IT.COM

discuss XR domains - Umbrella term for AR VR MR (all reality technologies)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Elad n

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
XR can be X Reality or Extended Reality.

Either way it describes the spectrum just like mixed reality.

Been looking around and shopping for a while now, saw many companies choosing to rebrand to xr or just starting with xr in their names..

Those are only some of my findings that are already developed (there are many more undeveloped by major companies like unity/sony etc..)

Decide for yourself.

Gl.

E

xr-room.com

xrgames.io

hyperspacexr.com

innereyexr.com

biomexr.com

inspacexr.com

HumanXR.com

agencyxr.com

ascentxr.com

womenxr.com

conductxr.com

Xiality.com

FeelXRstudio.com

ShowroomXR.com

FitXR.com

XRconnects.com

orchardxr.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Small companies changing their names i wouldn’t really regard as news and just this quote “After carefully listening to many voices across different parts of our community, we have decided to rename VR for Change as XR for Change”

Just shows how me how small and insignificant that company is if they let other people influence business decisions and something major as their own company name, if they said they researched and come to that conclusion themselves well that’s a different story, but this shows me how they’d change it again when something else comes along.

Big companies with a lot of backing changing their names (which some companies have with XR) that’s news and worth talking about.

VR For Change was one of those companies that if you're in VR and you hadn't heard of them you're out of the loop. Small operation with big influence on the industry, so this is a very significant update that will lead to more considering the change as well.

•••
•••
I actually don't mind hearing about the small changes by a small company or expo. It's the small battles that can win a war. Silence, or lack or publicity of any kind, can hurt a movement (and I'm all for moving toward using the term XR since I have less "VR" domains. :sneaky:)

I bet you all have great domains. I was late to the game and have a few mediocre domains. I'd love to get more, but need a great domain sale by a trusted registrar.

•••
Sorry was in a rush earlier, so never read it all (don’t usually post without reading the whole of something first). XR for Change is just a summit (name of a meeting) but my point still stands.

Posting pointless stuff like this doesn’t help, as it’s not really news, i see this as domaining propaganda as if to say ‘VR is no more and XR is where it’s at’ and ‘register some XR domains to make my better keywords stronger’.

JauntVR rebranding to JauntXR and WebVR rebranding to WebXR, that’s relevant information as these are major companies actually re-branding, these are the examples that should be posted to show people the direction XR is going and let people decide then if it’s worth investing.

Not a change of what a meeting is called along with “People can cover their eyes all they want but it wont make it disappear lol”- I see this as domaining propaganda.

Sorry for typing this the way i have, I'm just seeing a lot of this lately ie:- all domaining gyru's on Twitter trying to influence the Crypto domaining market and getting people to buy/register crypto domains when most of it is just to make their better keywords stronger.

You don't think that a highly recognized summit rebranding as XR is significant or relevant to this thread? Very interesting......

The point of the rebranding is that they want to support multiple technologies. Is that not why a company would rebrand with XR as well? How you're able to say that this isn't relevant is pretty odd, but I don't think it's up to you to decide for others what is, especially when you claim to not even have any XR names (if I remember correctly).

I think you trying to correct Elad was the unnecessary post, because it *was* a link to something XR related, just like how people post VR related links on the VR thread.

It's very unnecessary and uncalled for really...

Last edited:
•••
You don't think that a highly recognized summit rebranding as XR is significant or relevant to this thread? Very interesting......

The point of the rebranding is that they want to support multiple technologies. Is that not why a company would rebrand with XR as well? How you're able to say that this isn't relevant is pretty odd, but I don't think it's up to you to decide for others what is, especially when you claim to not even have any XR names (if I remember correctly).

I think you trying to correct Elad was the unnecessary post, because it *was* a link to something XR related, just like how people post VR related links on the VR thread.

It's very unnecessary and uncalled for really...

Yeah and you for one would know all about unnecessary and uncalled for posts wouldn't you?

I'm not going to debate it with you as it doesn't concern you and the issue is resolved, stop trying to create molehill mountains and bring it all back up again.

•••
Yeah and you for one would know all about unnecessary and uncalled for posts wouldn't you?

I'm not going to debate it with you as it doesn't concern you and the issue is resolved, stop trying to create molehill mountains and bring it all back up again.
I think its cool we have all opinions here and @Kingslayer great to see you here too some like xr and some don’t i feel it covers all realities creating less confussion as to what does what and some like to define each reality under there own term ar vr mr etc

Last edited:
•••

I brought up some points that you could consider before suggesting again what's irrelevant to those of us who invest in XR. I can state my opinions about what you said, independently from what was settled between you and Elad. If you don't want your posts criticized on a public forum don't post in a public forum (y)

•••
I think its cool we have all opinions here and @Kingslayer great to see you here too some like xr and some don’t i feel it covers all realities creating less confussion as to what does what and some like to define each reality under there own term ar vr mr etc

It's not about not liking it mate, i love hearing about XR sales and whats happening with XR, any virtual tech for that matter (no matter what its called).

But it goes back to what i was saying in this post here:-

https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-great-vr-drop.1057703/page-2#post-6506051

And what happened in the VR thread, a lot of people registered crap as result of lies/false information and things being blown out of proportion, i love to see people make money and i love to see people trying, but i don't like to see being infulenced by information thats being made out to be bigger than what it really is, hence why i responded as i don't want to see it happen again. Reading back maybe i could have done it in a better way, so apologies to Elad for that.

Last edited:
•••
It doe
It's not about not liking it mate, i love hearing about XR sales and whats happening with XR, any virtual tech for that matter (no matter what its called).

But it goes back to what i was saying in this post here:-

https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-great-vr-drop.1057703/page-2#post-6506051

And what happened in the VR thread, a lot of people registered crap as result of lies/false information and things being blown out of proportion, i love to see people make money and i love to see people trying, but i don't like to see being infulenced by information thats being made out to be bigger than what it really is, hence why i responded as i don't want to see it happen again. Reading back maybe i could have done it in a better way, so apologies to Elad for that.

Do you really think that people registered crap because of false information posted? The majority of crappy VR names were a result of people being desperate and regging dispite the fact that the most valuable domains were already taken. Do you honestly think that if the quality of information posted was better there would have been less crappy registrations?

People posting company and org uses of XR in articles and branding is not misinformation or misleading. I think you are exaggerating without really stating any valid points. I've certainly don't my part in warning people about the risks of XR, but don't think for a second that you can somehow prevent people from regging crappy domains by hanging around here whining. Most people will reg whatever sounds "cool" or only with their gut feelings instead of having a sound keyword strategy, because the reality is that many sales are unpredictable, especially brandables, so people think it's like playing the lottery by picking random keywords.

That is a result of saturation and has nothing to do with the links posted here. You can't save people from stupid.

Last edited:
•••
I am only showing personally that i feel xr will have a future as a catch all term for all reality based technology . The problem i see is we have so many terms being thrown around at the moment ar vr mr ir rr hr cr dr etc xr solves this and all the consumer needs to know is that xr will offer a reality based experience.

I am very happy with xr growth i have had more offers from my xr names than my ar holo immersive etc .

But in saying this i am about to close my biggest ar sale stay tuned.

•••
I am only showing personally that i feel xr will have a future as a catch all term for all reality based technology . The problem i see is we have so many terms being thrown around at the moment ar vr mr ir rr hr cr dr etc xr solves this and all the consumer needs to know is that xr will offer a reality based experience.

I am very happy with xr growth i have had more offers from my xr names than my ar holo immersive etc .

But in saying this i am about to close my biggest ar sale stay tuned.

Well you was the first person i can recall on here to believe in it mate so good luck to you.

Certainly the most exciting term put it that way and maybe regret not making a few registrations earlier myself, but as said in the past I’ve tried it investing in new terms and I’ve spent all I’m willing to spend on tech domains now (there’s only so much you can do).

I personally still think its early days for XR, for example seen nothing mentioned at CES and no one still knows what it stands for, apparently it stands for Exponential Reality now, so yeah i think that needs to be sorted but we should know more with it this time next year.

Congrats on the AR domain (y)

•••
http://adage.com/article/special-re...how/ad-age-ces-5-things-learned-ar-vr/311914/

D2D3D111-CC38-4D97-9EE0-D78C78CC3E27.jpeg

•••
•••
VRbase.co rebranded to XRbase.co

•••
The "Extended" Reality usage seems to be growing among journalists while XReality remains popular only among developers and people who are actually in the industry as opposed to just writing about it. Extended Reality should be ER but people will do what they want.

I find this just a little annoying, but at the end of the day it just adds even more value to XR domains than if it were to only mean XReality, so I can't complain from a domainer's perspective.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Even if you disagree with the term xr its still making the news and getting discussions going

https://steemit.com/blog/@anticleric/vr-ar-mr-xr-rr-why-you-shouldn-t-care-about-the-differences

Show attachment 77834

I wouldn't care what something is called if i never invested money in it lol.

Suprised you posted that article though, as the writter doesn't seem to like XR all that much.

Raised some valied points though and some things I've also said on here and had concerns about myself, Ie:- how new terms only hurt the industry and confuse consumers.

Last edited:
•••

Suprised you posted that article though, as the writter doesn't seem to like XR all that much.

Raised some valied points though and some things I've also said on here and had concerns about myself, Ie:- how new terms only hurt the industry and confuse consumers.
I try to show all sides when i can some agree some don’t . I can see the positive in a one term terminology from a consumer level but some don’t agree with this .

•••
•••
Even if you disagree with the term xr its still making the news and getting discussions going

https://steemit.com/blog/@anticleric/vr-ar-mr-xr-rr-why-you-shouldn-t-care-about-the-differences

Show attachment 77834

This article is obviously targeted for consumers. It's not referring to or speaking the language of the people *IN* the industry who are already educated about immersive technology.

Examples:

"If you've heard of AR it's probably because of SnapChat, or the highly successful Pokémon Go app that launched in 2016."

(Only consumers haven't heard of AR until snap chat and Pokémon GO)

"The point is, until everyone has an "XR" device with a giant "XR" logo on it, and all the kids are playing the fancy new "XR" game, you should put it out of your head."

(Only consumers would care about whether XR is used in consumer branding as a determining factor on whether or not to use the term. XR has and continues to be used within the industry regardless)

It's also worth mentioning that the author (who labels himself a "VR Designer") makes the same mistake that someone else here repeatedly makes in suggesting that XR is somehow a term to use in competition with AR and VR when it is just a catch all phrase that you would use to refer to more than one technology at once - example, "I love many kinds of animals" instead of, "I like reptiles, birds, mammals, amphibians, rodents and insects".

I don't take this blog post very seriously and doubt anyone else will either to be honest...

Last edited:
•••
•••

Is there a surge of new terminologies storming the innovation space, that could prove a bit confusing!!Yes....
but, the rate of progress in the past decade stands unparalleled , while people don't really have a choice but, to keep up.I would say they have done pretty good job, staying in tune.

I understand that when the mass is still absorbing the VR and AR trends, XR pops up like an early arrival to a party but,
'XR' isn't just another short-stop in the journey but, an all-encompassing term that covers virtual, augmented and mixed, empowering it to claim its rightful place and eventually all ventures in this space will have to evolve to it.
As for the term itself, it's promising to know that there quite a few ventures already launched and have adopted 'XR' in their name.

As far as i can see, 'XR' is here to stay.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back