IT.COM

discuss XR domains - Umbrella term for AR VR MR (all reality technologies)

NameSilo
Watch

Elad n

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
XR can be X Reality or Extended Reality.

Either way it describes the spectrum just like mixed reality.

Been looking around and shopping for a while now, saw many companies choosing to rebrand to xr or just starting with xr in their names..

Those are only some of my findings that are already developed (there are many more undeveloped by major companies like unity/sony etc..)

Decide for yourself.

Gl.

E

xr-room.com

xrgames.io

hyperspacexr.com

innereyexr.com

biomexr.com

inspacexr.com

HumanXR.com

agencyxr.com

ascentxr.com

womenxr.com

conductxr.com

Xiality.com

FeelXRstudio.com

ShowroomXR.com

FitXR.com

XRconnects.com

orchardxr.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
http://xrealityday.com/

Missed this one xr was on 30th of november

2EB359BF-D62F-48A2-8207-A0D741027522.jpeg

•••
Last edited:
•••
6th of january women in XR event starts soon

4CB32C7A-87B5-4E47-95C8-FA96B6090A23.png

•••
Not sure if this has been shared on the xr page but a glimpse into the future of xrglasses

A2133245-932A-4366-8FB1-69816D8EED7A.jpeg

•••
This come out wrong. trying to be funny. Hard to take much value in post without data. I know he can't post. It would have been better for all if he could. I know I love to see the name and price like others. Congratulations @NamePov

Trust me I would love to have posted the full details and I agree its a shame because full data can help others in this thread more than vague information.

But I also understand the reasons why the purchaser might not want much information to be posted. And being what I consider to be a honest guy the last thing I would ever do is go behind the buyers back and burn a bridge that really doesn't need to be.

Honest truth is the only reason I posted anything at all was to give people invested into XR in this thread a little bit of good news. I don't want to create a bubble that gets everyone blindly investing. But I do want to send a message that if you have good enough keywords (and this was a very good one imo) then there is hope of potential ROI (y)

Only extra info I can add is that I bought this domain for $1.20, renewed it once for about $10 and sold it for $x,xxx range.

Even without my sale post, I feel positive evidence is being posted on pretty much a daily basis that indicates XR is gaining in popularity with the tech industry. Yes still got a long way to go but from what I have seen there have been more positives than negatives for the XR term over lets say the last 3 - 6 months.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The most publicized uses of XR that I've seen this far:

1) The changing of WebVR to WebXR. This is something that no developer can ignore. It's the law of the web.

2) Open XR. This was the first major instance of XR that I can remember that kind of set the wheels in motion. It's the law of VR/AR development if you want to stay within the general development consensus for native apps and hardware.

3) Women In XR. This is undeniably influential.

4) XR Connects was the first major event (that I know of) to use XR in it's name.

5) X Reality Day. Another major event that got lots of publicity.

6) Could be that this should be first: The entry of XR in Wikipedia. That validates the term. It doesn't mean it's massively adapted, but it does mean that it's been recognized by enough people to validate it as an acceptable term to use.

6) The use XR in tweets and the 45 or so profiles that use XR (that mean "X Realty") in their description or user name on Twitter: https://twitter.com/search?f=users&vertical=default&q=xr&src=typd

7) Magic Leap's "#XRCat" hashtag. It's not catching on (completely dead on Twitter last time I checked) and very few may have even noticed it in their press release, but it's the first time a billion dollar corporation used the term XR in a major announcement. It's a major validation. It doesn't mean anything definite though....could be the last time they use it, but I somehow doubt it....

It's not a lot, but it's a great start when you consider the term has only just started to catch on within the last 3 - 6 months. I expect this to possibly double or even triple next year...who knows...

Other than the growing number of companies using the term in their marketing and branding, let me know if I've left something out...can't remember everything, especially because it's moving fast.

Last edited:
•••
Here is a great example of why you should investigate first before sharing something "XR". Below is a post that is followed by the World AR/VR Expo and Orbital AR/VR. It's actually a whey protein supplements company.

wave xr.jpg

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
The most publicized uses of XR that I've seen this far:

1) The changing of WebVR to WebXR. This is something that no developer can ignore. It's the law of the web.

2) Open XR. This was the first major instance of XR that I can remember that kind of set the wheels in motion. It's the law of VR/AR development if you want to stay within the general development consensus for native apps and hardware.

3) Women In XR. This is undeniably influential.

4) XR Connects was the first major event (that I know of) to use XR in it's name.

5) X Reality Day. Another major event that got lots of publicity.

6) Could be that this should be first: The entry of XR in Wikipedia. That validates the term. It doesn't mean it's massively adapted, but it does mean that it's been recognized by enough people to validate it as an acceptable term to use.

6) The use XR in tweets and the 45 or so profiles that use XR (that mean "X Realty") in their description or user name on Twitter: https://twitter.com/search?f=users&vertical=default&q=xr&src=typd

7) Magic Leap's "#XRCat" hashtag. It's not catching on (completely dead on Twitter last time I checked) and very few may have even noticed it in their press release, but it's the first time a billion dollar corporation used the term XR in a major announcement. It's a major validation. It doesn't mean anything definite though....could be the last time they use it, but I somehow doubt it....

It's not a lot, but it's a great start when you consider the term has only just started to catch on within the last 3 - 6 months. I expect this to possibly double or even triple next year...who knows...

Other than the growing number of companies using the term in their marketing and branding, let me know if I've left something out...can't remember everything, especially because it's moving fast.
I think in 2017 this was the best one for me once i saw this i knew the ball was now rolling

https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/02/xr-a-new-way-to-consider-the-reality-continuum/

0CAF52F8-A055-4109-B9A6-2B24939237E3.jpeg

•••
Practicalvr.com

Soon to be Practicalxr.com

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Electric Dream Factory is an XR content studio that creates virtual reality, augmented reality, and cinematic experiences

http://www.electricdreamfactory.com

XRcontent(.)com
XRexperiences(.)com
ExperienceXR(.)com

•••
•••
•••
I think XR will be very important to the GIS industry. Especially when thinking about how it will improve the visualization of geographic data layering for analytical purposes, for example an oil company trying to prepare the location of a new pipeline. There are industrial, military and commercial use cases for extended reality mapping solutions.

XRMapping.com

Last edited:
•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back