IT.COM

WTF? - How does Name.com Have MY DOMAIN Listed Available To Register as a Premium Domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

Not sure if this has happened to any of you before but I have a domain that belongs to me. It's listed for sale on Sedo and Flippa for $2999.

Domain Name: Autoersatzteile.online

It's not listed anywhere else except for here on NP under "make an offer" :
https://www.namepros.com/threads/au...zteile-de-sold-for-48300.995208/#post-5951256

So now, I was poking around Name.com and I saw my domain listed there as a Premium domain, available to register for $3448.85 - My domain is also registered with Name.com - Whats plotting???

See screenshot:
screenshot_www_name_com_2017_01_20_19_55_06.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, I'm surprised that I didn't know about this before.

I mean I knew that registrars share marketplace listings but I was not aware that they are marking the prices up....

•••

I mean I knew that registrars share marketplace listings but I was not aware that they are marking the prices up....
I think name.com adds 15 % to your listed bin price at afternic or sedo.

•••
I noticed while getting one of my domain names appraised somewhere that it was listed on SEDO for sale from someone in Russia.
I contacted then to have it removed. I made sure to email them from an [email protected] to prove that I owned to domain which I purchased last week.
They haven't gotten back to me since it's the weekend. I don't forsee any problems...

•••
That is actually good. They do free advertising for your domain. :xf.smile:

•••

Same here. Interesting to know. Good thread :xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back