alert Wow, pretty amazing .xyz scam?

NameSilo
Watch

Arjun Oli

AntiFiat.comTop Member
Impact
Screenshot.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
At least if the thread gets moved to a proper area, it will be laughable at best.

•••
Sure it's not a bad strategy for the people that control .xyz if people are stupid enough to pay a premium to acquire on of these domains and then pay a premium every year on top of that too to keep it, but it's not a wise investment to brand around Car dot xyz, an extension not even top 5 and unpredictable renewal fees.

People know this, hence Car dot xyz low price and will no doubt keep selling for around that price ($10k and under).
For those high premium renewal domains I think its strategy is tend to focus on companies that won't think spending on it is a big deal, in registry's thought, it is likely reserved in best scenario for famous companies to adopt them for promotional purpose.
I think what people have confused is that they think .xyz would experience the same pace as .com, if privatejet.com worth millions that doesn't mean it worth million in .xyz, and it seems like .xyz is meant to be famous on web3 which true worldwide popularity in industry is yet to come, so I suspect that when it does, those premium XYZ domains will eventually worth a fortune.

Last edited:
•••
What's so hard for you to understand?
He says that end user sales and reseller prices are far apart and then you began an inane ramble about premium renewals.

Last edited:
•••
He says that end user sales and reseller prices are far apart and then you began an inane ramble about premium renewals.
because that's the reason causing it happened the different scenario with .us he mentioned, can't you just be a little bit forward thinking?

•••
because that's the reason causing it happened the different scenario with .us he mentioned, can't you just be a little bit forward thinking?
Can't you be a scintilla less rude?

•••
Seems like more crypto sites are using .network, .io or .finance than xyz from what I've been seeing

Eg https://golden.com/query/list-of-cryptocurrency-companies-E5Y
This is an eye-opening perspective on what extensions tech companies are going with, I went through the first 1500 and only found 12 with xyz. The data doesn't reflect what a lot of articles keep saying about xyz being the fan favorite for tech, metaverse, crypto etc. Thanks for sharing.

•••
xyz is meant to be famous on web3

I noticed people bringing up this argument a lot. I fail to see how .XYZ would give a company a significant advantage in web3.

Let's cut the crap. Web 3 has absolutely nothing to do with domain extensions. It's about the tech behind it and the way it works.

Now... there are obviously handshake extensions, pretty cool, but XYZ is no part of that.

When the time comes the layman will generally accept (let alone understand the concept of) web3, getting in on the decentralised web, they will prefer what's familiar to them. That's .com, ccTLD.

They're all just tlds, like XYZ. Technically not a single difference. So again, how does that make XYZ web3? It's just a narrative pushed by a certain crowd ignoring facts and reality.

Web3 enthusiasts and related companies may like the extension, don't mind adopting it, but ultimately: pushing the extension using this argument is nonsense.

Last edited:
•••
This is an eye-opening perspective on what extensions tech companies are going with, I went through the first 1500 and only found 12 with xyz. The data doesn't reflect what a lot of articles keep saying about xyz being the fan favorite for tech, metaverse, crypto etc. Thanks for sharing.
Well, I considered it's an eye-closing perspective.
It has been more than 10 years since the launch of cryptocurrency projects. Many entrepreneurs found opportunities in the early stage, mostly in 2014-2020, which was the first exchange, then 2D cryptocurrency games like Crypto Kitty, and then ipFS to DEFI to NFT projects, during that time, few companies knew xyz.

.XYZ became popular at the end of 2021 as big companies like block.xyz, paradigm.xyz etc continue to use .xyz because it can be easily identified by ENS as wallet address.
you can easily check the following members of XYZ on Twitter by here
https://twitter.com/xyz/following

•••
pushing the extension using this argument is nonsense.
Hi

pushing the extension, by using any argument that's plausibly conceivable,
has always been the sop since the pre-launch of .mobi

land-rush was the next stage, followed by "the gangster stage" when the registries decide to just keep certain names and auction them off, or sell for premium registration price.

somebody always makes and somebody always loses money when new extensions are released.

not long ago, folks were saying .io and .ai were being used by tech companies, so isn't web3 technical?

it's circumstances, that make other options viable, if/when those choices and .com are unavailable

imo...

•••
I noticed people bringing up this argument a lot. I fail to see how .XYZ would give a company a significant advantage in web3.

Let's cut the crap. Web 3 has absolutely nothing to do with domain extensions. It's about the tech behind it and the way it works.

Now... there are obviously handshake extensions, pretty cool, but XYZ is no part of that.

When the time comes the layman will generally accept (let alone understand the concept of) web3, getting in on the decentralised web, they will prefer what's familiar to them. That's .com, ccTLD.

They're all just tlds, like XYZ. Technically not a single difference. So again, how does that make XYZ web3? It's just a narrative pushed by a certain crowd ignoring facts and reality.

Web3 enthusiasts and related companies may like the extension, don't mind adopting it, but ultimately: pushing the extension using this argument is nonsense.
seems you don't understand what gives a domain extension value. The global adoption rate of an domain extension is from its reputation, you could say that the function of all domain names are the same, but a large value derived from its image, .com is famous because it issued earlier and carried with good meaning(company, commercial etc.) nothing more, HNS allows you to create a domain extension does that mean the fame of the extension itself depends on adopters's own promotion? This largely limits its potential in value, which is an adverse condition to domainers, I am not saying HNS is bad, on the contrary I think HNS is a good project but as an investor's point of view it just needed to wait longer.

Last edited:
•••
Blockchain domains have their own competition, and until I can sense which blockchain browser (which blockchain domain names are friendly to them) or public chain will win out in the future, I won't be able to tell which blockchain domain will be worth selling, until then we can talk, but in case everything is unpredictable I did secured a little bit hns, zns, eth, sol, tez that I like.

Last edited:
•••
The other thing is the blockchain technology is mainly kind of a decentralized data center, the only purpose of domain name is to define a wallet(hash) address, if xyz can be recognized by blockchain name servers the same way with the blockchain domain name, nothing big deal to talk about which is true web3 domain name, in my view is that one is regulated by ICANN one is by your own key, but honestly I believe once a blockchain registry wanted to block your domain name some registries are still able to do that because blockchain don't define laws, as such you could say everything is narrative.
moreover, If xyz can be resolved by multiple BNS, taking more places than other BDN, then it still can be the best choice for web3 companies.
Too bad some people can't see how huge potential of .xyz has.

Last edited:
•••
seems you don't understand what gives a domain extension value. The global adoption rate of an domain extension is from its reputation, you could say that the function of all domain names are the same, but a large value derived from its image, .com is famous because it issued earlier and carried with good meaning(company, commercial etc.) nothing more, HNS allows you to create a domain extension does that mean the fame of the extension itself depends on adopters's own promotion? This largely limits its potential in value, which is an adverse condition to domainers, I am not saying HNS is bad, on the contrary I think HNS is a good project but as an investor's point of view it just needed to wait longer.

All this and additional posts are a perfect example of what issue I'm raising about people bringing web3/chain/dec into the discussion when we're talking about .xyz.

My point is, xyz isn't hns/web3 so the argument oftentimes raised is nonsense.

Do niche related companies use and like the tld? Yes. Would they still prefer .com/cctld? Most definitely.

Last edited:
•••
All this and additional posts are a perfect example of what issue I'm raising about people bringing web3/chain/dec into the discussion when we're talking about .xyz.

My point is, xyz isn't hns/web3 so the argument oftentimes raised is nonsense.

Do niche related companies use and like the tld? Yes. Would they still prefer .com/cctld? Most definitely.
Since you brought up the topic we're talking about web3 domain name so of course xyz is part of the web3 members as I explained above so must to give some contexts, you just don't get my point do you? My point is xyz could even be better than native blockchain domain names if it can be resolved by many BNS.

Last edited:
•••
Since you brought up the topic we're talking about web3 domain name so of course xyz is part of the web3 members as I explained above so must to give some context, you just don't get my point do you? My point is xyz could even be better than native blockchain domain names if it can be resolved by many BNS.
I always thought xyz domains are a marketing front to attract GEN X, Y, Z??

I have not seen ANY cryptocurrency using xyz. Some might...but not the major players.

•••
I always thought xyz domains are a marketing front to attract GEN X, Y, Z??

I have not seen ANY cryptocurrency using xyz. Some might...but not the major players.
You mean like block.xyz?

•••
You mean like block.xyz?
lol block.xyz is not a cryptocurrency. Do some research before you throw blockchain related terms to prove a point.

•••
lol block.xyz is not a cryptocurrency. Do some research before you throw blockchain related terms to prove a point.
Ok, my bad and actually I realized that earlier, Xyz wasn't popular during the cryptocurrency launch boom and that doesn't affect xyz gaining places in web3 niche.

•••
Since you brought up the topic we're talking about web3 domain name so of course xyz is part of the web3 members as I explained above so must to give some contexts, you just don't get my point do you? My point is xyz could even be better than native blockchain domain names if it can be resolved by many BNS.

Yes I do get the point. And that's not the case now. Lots of ifs.

Same could be said about any other tld.

Like .com. I have no doubt it would easily outperform any other extension if on Blockchain.

But we're digressing and I'm sure the same thing is being discussed in the XYZ thread, if there is one :)

•••
1650787536036.png

So much Bollo*cks being spoke about this extension it's unreal.......someone's doing well with it...great......move on and do your own thing, but the constant ass kissing and lack of critical thought is a joke......

Question anything about it and you are classed as a troll :xf.rolleyes:

*I hold several .xyz domains and have sold one 1 this year, so nothing personal against the extension but the people pumping and promoting it are doing more harm than good......

•••
Show attachment 214538

So much Bollo*cks being spoke about this extension it's unreal.......someone's doing well with it...great......move on and do your own thing, but the constant ass kissing and lack of critical thought is a joke......

Question anything about it and you are classed as a troll :xf.rolleyes:

*I hold several .xyz domains and have sold one 1 this year, so nothing personal against the extension but the people pumping and promoting it are doing more harm than good......
You are just a hater. :ROFL:

Brad

•••
Only when more people succeed or not can it be proved.

•••
I like .abc more than .xyz
But .com is the worst.
Can you display results that show what you mean/backup.. by ".com is the worst" Folks here and I believe anywhere will have a hard time digesting this. Thanks

Last edited:
•••
What's interesting is that the OP started a thread with a clickbait title, included a screenshot with zero context, & did not participate in the thread..

hmmm...

IMO

•••
What's interesting is that the OP started a thread with a clickbait title, included a screenshot with zero context, & did not participate in the thread..

hmmm...

IMO

Valid.

•••
Back