Dynadot

.info Wow - $28,100 for Camping.info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gazzip

First Time Poster !VIP Member
Impact
Looks like .info are great little earners - what's your thoughts on info's ? :)

Camping.info sold for $28,100 - the largest sale ever reported in that extension more than NewYork.info which sold for $28,086 in 2004.

posted at www.dnjournal.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
holy schmoke.

inspiring. I always liked those .info

But camping...? Is there money in camping info...

Gotta love this biz.

•••
well sort of yes there is money in camping .. camping tool shop ... can get alot and a guide will get you even more

nice domain but the value was a bit high there

good for the seller :)

•••
smub said:
nice domain but the value was a bit high there

good for the seller :)

otherwise known as NamePros member binfus.

Congratulations to him on the sale.

•••
I've become more of a .info fan lately. The only tld I'm at all interested in after com, net, org. I'm not surprised that a single word info would go for that. I think they will go for more in the near future.

•••
Fundraiser said:
otherwise known as NamePros member binfus.

Congratulations to him on the sale.

Thanks Robert... its reassuring and nice to have something like this...:)

•••
Binfus said:
Thanks Robert... its reassuring and nice to have something like this...:)

Great Sale - wow - Congrats :)

•••
Indeed, a big congrats to our friend biz info us.

He's not only a shrewd domainer, but a real gentleman.

It's very satisfying to see good things happen to good people.

:)

•••
Wow... just... wow... kudos on having faith in .info names when so many so-called "experts" on other sites claim them to be worthless

•••
Congrats Binfus on the ground breaking sale. It's great to see .INFO continue to do well.

•••
HolyMolly! Congrats, very nice sale! :)

•••
•••
I figure the KOA campgrounds would want this domain.

•••
That's a great domain with multiple uses. I think names like biking.info or hiking.info could go for just as much.

•••
•••
Anthony said:
I think names like biking.info or hiking.info could go for just as much.

Hopefully Renting.lnfo too! I put it up for sale here a few days ago... But really I think I need to find an end user...

Any tips from Binfus how you found the buyer? Or did they find you?

My congratulations to you Binfus!

•••
•••
Truthman said:
Thanks and Good Luck with Renting.info. If I had this domain, I'd not sell ity for less than $5k but thats just me. Lots and lots of patience is needed to sell a name to a true end-user. As soon as you start seeking out buyers (instead of the other way around) you reduce the value/price of the domain by more than half...The buyer of Camping.info initially contacted me in summer of 2005 with an offer in the 4 figures; the deal was concluded many months later at many times more than this initial offer. If you truly have confidence in the value of your names, then the best thing to do is pay the reg fee for a few years, sit tight and treat them just like real-estate, newer/emerging extensions being like undeveloped or sparsely developed land many miles away from the town...it takes a few years before true buyers and developers start coming around and the investment pays off.

•••
Truthman said:
Hopefully Renting.lnfo too! I put it up for sale here a few days ago... But really I think I need to find an end user...

coming from a clean slate if I would have to choose between camping.info and renting.info if it would be no contest renting.info

goes to show - the only value to a domain is what someone is willing to pay for it.

great domain - set your goals high. Great domain and good luck.

•••
google search optimisation on the net is geared towards providing info. Apart from explicit company names, good sites will increasingly provide a more portal,informational experience as part of their service selling goods. Therefore it is possible that .info will be further elevated in value. I think it has potential to displace .net in importance.

•••
Until this sale, .info had been quiet this year. Great to see things picking up.

•••
I hope they turn it into a counter-strike site about people who camp!

•••
Binfus said:
Thanks and Good Luck with Renting.info. If I had this domain, I'd not sell ity for less than $5k but thats just me. Lots and lots of patience is needed to sell a name to a true end-user. As soon as you start seeking out buyers (instead of the other way around) you reduce the value/price of the domain by more than half...The buyer of Camping.info initially contacted me in summer of 2005 with an offer in the 4 figures; the deal was concluded many months later at many times more than this initial offer. If you truly have confidence in the value of your names, then the best thing to do is pay the reg fee for a few years, sit tight and treat them just like real-estate, newer/emerging extensions being like undeveloped or sparsely developed land many miles away from the town...it takes a few years before true buyers and developers start coming around and the investment pays off.
Valuable advice. In case anyone is keeping score, he now has the highest reported dot info sale to date and had until just recently the highest reported dot us sale. I guess being number 1 in one extension and number 2 another isn't too bad. ;)

•••
i keep scores and I try to pay attention as well. Thansk for the stats.

•••
Wow, this sale proves the value of good keywords, even if the extension isn't that popular. :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back