IT.COM

Would you be interested in...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A turnkey style site builder - I'm not talking about online site builders, but premade sites albeit built in a modular fashion to allow for it to be customised to suit a variety of sites and businesses.

My idea is to build a basis for the site, in a PHP nuke fashion would be the easiest way to put it, but for modules to be built, say for shopping carts, forums, catalogues, stock, staff login, customer login and so forth.

My aim would be to make this fully customisable, with a large selection of premade styles ready to put a logo and some content in and go. I would also aim to allow the content to be put in via a web form again to save time and necessary capability to at least partially understand any code.

I'm planning to build this in SQL/PHP - my main question is how many of you would be perhaps interested in this, and if so any suggestions would be more than welcome as obviously I'd this to appeal to as many people as possible.

Thanks for your time,
John

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, this would probably be useful, but don't solutions like PHP Nuke and other opensource PHP applications provide exactly such a resource for free? Would you be building a similar PHP application in different configurations or something totally different?

•••
Similar idea, albeit very different "modules" - although Nuke is good for community sites, there aren't that many business orientated modules developed for it - that is more the market I would be aiming for. Also, it would be a low cost solution anyway so I'm hoping it would seem to be of significantly more value than a free solution to be modified such as nuke.

•••
If its cheap enough..or free perhaps

•••
lol *scribbles off his 'to develop' list*

•••
Re: Would you be interested in...

Originally posted by Cobalt64
A turnkey style site builder - I'm not talking about online site builders, but premade sites albeit built in a modular fashion to allow for it to be customised to suit a variety of sites and businesses.

My idea is to build a basis for the site, in a PHP nuke fashion would be the easiest way to put it, but for modules to be built, say for shopping carts, forums, catalogues, stock, staff login, customer login and so forth.

My aim would be to make this fully customisable, with a large selection of premade styles ready to put a logo and some content in and go. I would also aim to allow the content to be put in via a web form again to save time and necessary capability to at least partially understand any code.

I'm planning to build this in SQL/PHP - my main question is how many of you would be perhaps interested in this, and if so any suggestions would be more than welcome as obviously I'd this to appeal to as many people as possible.

Thanks for your time,
John

As a developer I see this as a great idea. Please keep me informed on how it is going.

•••
make the base prouct free then sell modules

•••
xclusive has a very good point. You can make loads of money that way, perhaps more than you would make if you'd sell the base product

•••
Yeah - I would definitely be interested in something like this - as long as it was eaily customisable.

xclusive has a good point as well - that is probably the best way to go about it. You could also license others to develop modules for it as well - another potential source of revenue for you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back