Dynadot

opinion Would these domains be considered "Brandable"?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Would these domains be considered "Brandable"?
Thanks in advance

flooed.com
shweetz.com
solusar.com
kasshu.com
lorring.com
zannanza.com
corbain.com
karisawa.com
krabapple.com
drakulya.com
duzell.com
quinzell.com
zelgadis.com
nakumura.com
shelinda.com
evangline.com
smecker.com
numbuh.com
lowenthall.com
freakula.com
vradica.com
zaidelle.com
akefia.com
dessala.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Short version: most of them - yes!

Disclaimer: it does not follow that most of them can be sold for substantial $$$-$$$$ or even $$.

•••
•••
I only found "Akefia" to be brandable. While selecting a brandable you should ask yourself whether you see a huge company or a huge product being launched with that name.

Now I'm not saying you won't be able to sell these names. They could mean something in different languages. They could also mean something to previous owners too.

All I'm saying is I see Akefia as a huge brand name. Like a shopping company or sporting drink or something.

•••
paul smecker is already a brand :)

•••
Would these domains be considered "Brandable"?
It's really subjective.

Any word(s), made up or not, that anyone wants to put money into to promote it to the public, can be considered 'brandable'.

•••
Just a few more coming out of my Domain mixer ,lol

showron.com
kamyia.com
durelo.com
azarola.com
rippner.com
bunansa.com
suckula.com
akien.com
valderez.com
ficcie.com
riodan.com
avenicci.com

•••
Most of them. No.

If you can't instantly spell it or recall it. It fails: nakumura.com
If it looks ugly if fails (triple vowel) : flooed.com
if it is not rolling of the tongue:evangline.com

Anyone who tells you anything is brandable is technically right but mostly wrong.

The ones that I say could be easier than the others:

Schweetz (bit Wayne's World though :) )
Krabapplle
Akefia (Short, small syllables)

Brandable is a subjective term that generally means "crap I made up and registered with my fingers crossed".

Last edited:
•••
I guess the question to ask is if you were a startup founder why would you choose one of these names to brand your business. Also how much would you be willing to pay for a meaningless name when their are many other possible choices.

•••
No. Except 1 or 2 all are lacking brandable qualities.

•••
I have sold few brandables but recently have gotten a whole spate of inquiries for them. If you are in a position to hold some of these longer, you’ve got a decent list in my opinion.

Krabapple.com is really nice, I think. Shweetz.com should maybe watch out for the Sheetz company; Numbuh.com might appeal to someone, as it sounds like “number;” Lorring.com, Corbain.com and Nakumura.com are people’s last names so could be worthwhile; Solusar.com sounds like a combination name and possibly great for a tech company (Solers.com comes to mind).

Others like Freakula.com and Drakulya.com might be appreciated by someone wanting a funny Halloween or horror name. Those would go cheap I guess.

•••
I have sold few brandables but recently have gotten a whole spate of inquiries for them. If you are in a position to hold some of these longer, you’ve got a decent list in my opinion.

Krabapple.com is really nice, I think. Shweetz.com should maybe watch out for the Sheetz company; Numbuh.com might appeal to someone, as it sounds like “number;” Lorring.com, Corbain.com and Nakumura.com are people’s last names so could be worthwhile; Solusar.com sounds like a combination name and possibly great for a tech company (Solers.com comes to mind).

Others like Freakula.com and Drakulya.com might be appreciated by someone wanting a funny Halloween or horror name. Those would go cheap I guess.
Thank you very much for your kind and informative comment .
I agree totally ,then again there is a buyer for anything ,just have to find one ,and then it will only be worth what the buyer is prepaired to pay for it .

•••
Numerivana
Famexa
CottonKart
DoubleBeer
BufferNames

•••
Corbain.com sounds good to me.

•••
azurini.com
flippii.com
reevalo.com
doriela.com
jenille.com
lunaticblonde.com

•••
beautaxi.com
larossia.com
lovelyshabby.com
semanka.com
rafficaro.com
mariggi.com
maxweaver.com
roxantigo.com
haareba.com
kibuzia.com
bovadia.com
biovadia.com
locklogo.com
orbitti.com
pandinco.com
lorelco.com
finalhemp.com
quovelo.com
biocatio.com

•••
You would be wasting your time and money on all of them.

•••
You would be wasting your time and money on all of them.
tnx
could you give me some examples of what you would consider good brandables?

•••
•••
•••
tnx
could you give me some examples of what you would consider good brandables?

I've done that before myself. It takes a lot of time and effort to first think up ones that are actually good, then check to see if they are available. And the most you want to do is risk a small amount of $ only at most only a few, because it's still like just buying a lottery ticket.

So I had one I held onto for a period of years or so. It was a very good one. I was like this: G***gle.com. (No, it did not resemble the name of the famous SE at all, except for those letters shown.) You would think it would have been a winner, but it was nothing but a waste of time and money. I had even posted it in a forum, and it was liked. I gave up on that kind of "brandable" a long time ago after finally letting that one go.

In general though, these would be the rules in my opinion:

1. Must be easy to remember, preferably easy to spell on hearing (same basic rules for normal domains), or at least very easy to remember the spelling if seen only once.

2. Must resemble real words, not be so bizarre that they don't even resemble real words.

3. Must have very clear and unmistakable appeal even if they are not real words.

4. Can also resemble or even be real names. For instance, the "Smecker" one may be a real obscure name, but it has no appeal and is not desirable as a domain. The "G*" one I had happened to also be a real name, but had loads of appeal as a made up word. Was also in use to some degree as a kind of made up word, though mainly perhaps in plural, so I was not the first to invent the word.

If I thought up one that was really great now I might be tempted to register it. But my recommendation would be to abandon this. The amount of time and expense is just not worth chasing this path, sorry to say. That's my honest opinion. I realize there may be a few who have done okay, and I saw a "brandable" site before, but that's like a needle in a haystack I would guess.

Last edited:
•••
I've done that before myself. It takes a lot of time and effort to first think up ones that are actually good, then check to see if they are available. And the most you want to do is risk a small amount of $ only at most only a few, because it's still like just buying a lottery ticket.

So I had one I held onto for a period of years or so. It was a very good one. I was like this: G***gle.com. (No, it did not resemble the name of the famous SE at all, except for those letters shown.) You would think it would have been a winner, but it was nothing but a waste of time and money. I had even posted it in a forum, and it was liked. I gave up on that kind of "brandable" a long time ago after finally letting that one go.

In general though, these would be the rules in my opinion:

1. Must be easy to remember, preferably easy to spell on hearing (same basic rules for normal domains), or at least very easy to remember the spelling if seen only once.

2. Must resemble real words, not be so bizarre that they don't even resemble real words.

3. Must have very clear and unmistakable appeal even if they are not real words.

4. Can also resemble or even be real names. For instance, the "Smecker" one may be a real obscure name, but it has no appeal and is not desirable as a domain. The "G*" one I had happened to also be a real name, but had loads of appeal as a made up word. Was also in use to some degree as a kind of made up word, though mainly perhaps in plural, so I was not the first to invent the word.

If I thought up one that was really great now I might be tempted to register it. But my recommendation would be to abandon this. The amount of time and expense is just not worth chasing this path, sorry to say. That's my honest opinion. I realize there may be a few who have done okay, and I saw a "brandable" site before, but that's like a needle in a haystack I would guess.
Thanks very much,btw you know any words that might be considered ''brandable'
Not being smart just loking for a direction .

Last edited:
•••
Most of them long, hard to spell with No identification to any niche.
Tons of similar names dropping everyday.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back