IT.COM

Would sale report advertising work

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Here is how it is supposed to work.

You contact a potential buyer to sell a domain which they should be interested in, at least when it is free.

Tell them, that price is 10K, and if bought at that price, it will be high on DnJournal and Namebio sales lists. This means they will get tens of thousands of eyeballs appreciating their purchase and respecting their business. Considering that each person looking at that purchase is worth 1 dollar, they recover the purchase cost.

So, once they are willing to get it for free, they should automatically be willing to pay 10K as well.

Problem with this method: They are not even interested in getting the domain for free, although obviously they should be.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
over the years, many domainers have offered names for free

and I did not take them

there are many other domainers, who did not take them either

also, the closing sale price of domain, does not give instant appreciation for the purchase or add additional respectability to the buyers business, from my perspective.

and in many high profile sales, unless you do some research.... you won't know who the buyer is.

and, those thousands of eyeballs, will only convert to revenue for the site publishing the sale -
not to the buyer

so, I don't think that plan would work

your best bet, is to advertise your name on DNJ or NB and hope those eyeballs will convert to an inquiry on your domain.
then you won't have to spam unsuspecting victims with that ploy.

:)

imo…..

•••
The problem with this method is that there's no way being listed on DnJournal is worth $10K.

Assume a DNJournal post even gets 10,000 views on it (I doubt it does because this industry is not that big). That would mean that the site has $1,000 eCPM, which is unheard of. A "good" eCPM is like $10. So each "view" is really worth $0.01.

Not only that, DNJournal doesn't even link to the domains, so there's no link juice being passed.

I'm not saying getting listed on DNJournal is a bad thing (its a good thing) but this is the worst idea I've heard in a while.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back