Domain Empire

advice Would Love To Hear Your Phone Pitch

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

FUTRS

Future Trend Domain NamesTop Member
Impact
I understand every situation is different from the next, yet I have been trying to perfect my sales pitch over the phone and would love to hear any combination of the following advice from some of you:

• how do you start your phone cal?
• do you ask for the decision maker.. manager...owner..etc..
• if no one is around, do you leave your name, number and reason you called or try to call back?
• what your angle is. (I have tried a few different angles myself)
• best time of day
• best day of week
• sales pitch (?)
• more successful? phone or email

My target in this case are smaller businesses where it is much easier to speak with the decision maker of the company.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I always use email. It's been effective for me

•••
sorry..... "wrong number"

:)

•••
I try to call between 2 and 4 am their time. They're usually sleeping, which means I have their complete attention.

I start with some heavy breathing exercises, which help loosen me up. After they say "hello" and "who is this??" several times, I move into some polite conversation. Usually it's me asking them what they're wearing.

At that point they tend to say "I'm hanging up!", I say "you'll regret it if you do" in an ominous voice. That really gets their attention!

Right after they say "I'm calling the cops!", I say something like "if you call the cops, you'll be the one getting arrested, because they're think you stole this great domain for the price I'm selling it at!"

Then I launch into a short 60 second explanation of how the domain I'm pitching (say it's something related to dragons dancing) can help them and their business.

If they're still not convinced after 60 seconds, I tell them how much estibot says the domain is worth, which, as everyone knows, is a great selling point to the average business owner.

That has resulted in a 99% conversion rate. The only problem was the one weirdo who kept asking what I was wearing, so I hung up on them.

•••
I never use phone call to approach end user..
Sometimes its very funny for end user perspective.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back