Dynadot

discuss Would LLLL.com price hit $1000 index as the floor price within April 2016????

NameSilo
Watch

Samujjal

Established Member
Impact
What do you think the future of LLLL.com domains lies?

Would it skyrocket like the LLL.com did??

Would it gain a floor price of $1000 apiece??... within the first six months of 2016

..whatever be the combination of letters.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Serious acquisitions in LLLL .com space are happening. I was co-brokering 6-figure bulk acquisition which is now accomplished. ...and there are more requests on buy-side, whole portfolio requests. The question is how long new buyers will want to keep their new acquisitions, ie. whether they will be available for a quick flip or rather hold for eg. 2nd half of the year.

•••
Serious acquisitions in LLLL .com space are happening.

I agree. I just sold 17 CHIPS last week and as soon as that transaction was done my Chinese contact asked if I wanted to sell more.

I do, but not just yet.............

•••
I can say that one buyer who acquired non-Chinese premium LLLL (with aeiouv) will likely want to keep them for long-term, like generic domain names, waiting for a client who needs specific abbreviation for primary domain name of a company. It's very reasonable investment, irrespectively of Chinese demand.
Firstly, you've got a cheap .com domain name (investment for several hundred USD / domains as of now), which is liquid, so you can sell at domainer-to-domainer market immediately if you need. Secondly, if a specific buyer comes, there is an opportunity for 5-figure sale, higher or lower, depending on the motivation of a buyer. Very low risk, solid opportunities. Unfortunately, such quality investments require a budget. There is nothing for free (read: reg-fee) in domaining.

•••
I agree. I just sold 17 CHIPS last week and as soon as that transaction was done my Chinese contact asked if I wanted to sell more.

I don't get it.

If your Chinese buyer asks you to sell him unlimited 4L.com chips at $2k, why don't you buy them at Chinese platforms for $1700-1850 range and profit from it?

Why won't he go for it and buy those on Chinese platforms himself?

Oh, the Chinese are very mysterious, if you judge about them by NP posts...

•••
Mr Packer did not mention a price. But it shows, at least in this instance, the flow of CHIPs to China continues.

•••
Mr Packer did not mention a price. But it shows, at least in this instance, the flow of CHIPs to China continues.

He has mentioned it on the forum previously. It is $2k/name.

•••
That's probably IDN falsely reported there. Someone should notify regarding this to admin because this gives serious damage to the price graph!
Ya...you are right

•••
Serious acquisitions in LLLL .com space are happening. I was co-brokering 6-figure bulk acquisition which is now accomplished. ...and there are more requests on buy-side, whole portfolio requests. The question is how long new buyers will want to keep their new acquisitions, ie. whether they will be available for a quick flip or rather hold for eg. 2nd half of the year.
i will hold mine :)

•••

that might be a clue to the next high wave :)

•••
Too many sales nowadays $230 - $260 range ... whats happening ?
Floor Price is not even $300 ..

•••
Tons of sellers, not too many buyers.
It seems money is leaving 4L to go somewhere else.

If you believe in 4L future and potential, it is the time to buy. There are amazing deals out there.

•••
In recent couple weeks I've been participating in buying 4L .com portfolios for 6-figures. Managing several hundreds of 4L now (non-Chinese, with aeiouv) on behalf of clients, I don't practice "a'la commodity trading" or "Chinese trading" at all.
For all 4L owners I'd suggest to get back to the roots of domaining, ie. don't sell for a minimum, don't sell in auctions, offer 4L in the way like generic domain names are offered. Has anyone here sent a quote on $300 to a random generic domain name, replying to incoming inquiry? - I don't think so :)

4L .coms are fantastic names for brands, either startups or existing companies which can upgrade eg. their 4-words to a 4-letter name & domain name. Great opportunity for branding, re-branding, general marketing.
Not everyone knows also that ticker symbols of publicly listed companies consist of 4-letters mostly (see GDDY and GDDY.com)

Generally I'd say that 4L means relatively low-risk domain investing, eg. comparing to generic names. Most of buyers easily accepts prices in range $1k~$2k, regardless of quality of a domain name. It's simply a "reasonable expense" in people's perception. So with 4L prices at current level, it doesn't seem difficult to produce positive ROI in middle-to-long-term. It's great time for purchasing. ~AW

Last edited:
•••
Too many sales nowadays $230 - $260 range ... whats happening ?
Floor Price is not even $300 ..

Reality is happening. We are talking about not-long-ago-regfee domains that people dreamed to be worth $1k a piece. Summer will bring new lows, cherry picking will be great fun, but reseller prices will go South.

•••
I am hearing that many Chinese domainers took out loans, at higher than average interest rates in order to participate in such markets.... Now the cashflow is going the other way, there is some selling going on to pay back such investments, and as long term domainers know a few sellers can really turn the market upside down.

There was no real fundamentals at play, more trading, I am sure this upswing brought domains into a larger scope, but a lot of that money flow was simply trading it as a commodity. They might choose to come back, and push higher from lower amounts, but the bag holders are now stuck holding waiting for better days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back