IT.COM

question Would a one letter L.gTLD domain hold value, or as more gTLD are introduced, gradually depreciate?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Super-Annuation

#Top Member
Impact
The reason I'm asking is because I want a single L.gTLD

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The reason I'm asking is because I want a single L.gTLD

As a collector item or as an investment?

If you can get one at X$/year or very low $xx/year, go ahead. Just like novelty.

If as an investment, then consider that with thousands of extensions there are tens of thousands of those and not much buyer appetite.

You are much better off sticking to .com, your country cctld, limited set of .org or .net, and word.word combos that make great sense at non-prem pricing.

•••
As a collector item or as an investment?

If you can get one at X$/year or very low $xx/year, go ahead. Just like novelty.

If as an investment, then consider that with thousands of extensions there are tens of thousands of those and not much buyer appetite.

You are much better off sticking to .com, your country cctld, limited set of .org or .net, and word.word combos that make great sense at non-prem pricing.

Thanks heaps for this. I only recently noticed today the word.word needs to make sense. Like soccer or football.club

The reason I was asking is that I noticed a cheapish single letter gTLD and was considering the purchase, but not long after, I thought there must be a lot of them, and that trend will continue.

Does the need for word.word relevance still stand for high value words like blockchain, securitytoken etc? Or are they fine to be registered on almost any generic or country TLD?

Thanks again, you've saved me from a big mistake, and for that I'll let you know of a two amusing domain names Still available

LibraPai.com (as opposed to LibraPay)

WriteSpelling.com (as opposed to right-spelling)

•••
Word.Word - Football.Club is a great example. You get the point.

Word+Word.tld is NOT investment grade in any other extension except .com in 95%+ cases. Simple rule of thumb for you.

WriteSpelling does not make sense and is bad investment. So is LibraPai. Don't register names based on logic of "as opposed to".

Misspells are generally bad, unless it is a purposeful great version for branding, like Kwik, Lyft etc. There should also be consistency. Meaning, if you are replacing "y" with i, you shouldn't have another "i" that is not replacement. I.e., KleanKar is good, CleanKar or KleanCar is bad.

•••
Word.Word - Football.Club is a great example. You get the point.

Word+Word.tld is NOT investment grade in any other extension except .com in 95%+ cases. Simple rule of thumb for you.

WriteSpelling does not make sense and is bad investment. So is LibraPai. Don't register names based on logic of "as opposed to".

Misspells are generally bad, unless it is a purposeful great version for branding, like Kwik, Lyft etc. There should also be consistency. Meaning, if you are replacing "y" with i, you shouldn't have another "i" that is not replacement. I.e., KleanKar is good, CleanKar or KleanCar is bad.

This is good to hear. If it isn't a .com it should be a word.word! I'll remember that from now on.

I worked the consistency of letters out, but later learned the .com version with correct spelling was gone for a reason; in use. The domain name is SmartKloud and KloudLLLL... I forget. So depnding on the parameters of their trademark, I'd be lucky to use the domains as an online cooking channel ha

... I should have joined this place sooner.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back