Domain Empire

Worth the snap??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Here is an example:

What if a .com has a Google PR4, 360 MSN links, 370 Lycos links, 3,000,000 Alexa ranking, 5 Alexa links, and is dropping today?

Or will all these numbers disappear once they are turned over to me?
Would this give me good traffic if parked at, say, Sedo?

Just trying to get a feel for wether or not these stats can relate into a worthwhile buy.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
forget about PR, it vanishes when a domain drops. also, forget about alexa rank - besides *possibly* giving a general idea, it's a garbage statistic. The fact that there is a PR would likely indicate that there is a little bit of traffic..how much you can't be sure of.
Check the quality of the msn and lycos links. Make sure they're not all from the same site. Use marketleap to find the number of links - click on em to find out the source. If most of them seem to be from reputable sites or aren't just all directory links where your link is hidden in the stack, i say go ahead and get it (chances are it'll just drop and you can shell out the $8 to re-reg it). You also might want to go into the overture advertiser area or a keyword ranking site and see how much the keyword of the domain is worth... so you can get a general idea of how much you *might* get paid if someone clicks your links while parked at sedo or wherever.
This at least, is what I'd do. Good luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back