IT.COM

Worth pursuing...114 mil. Google hits

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mm4

Established Member
Impact
I have been kicking around a domain that I would like to try to develop. It is a particular sports term and it is 12 letters, 3 words.

I typed it in Google to see how many results came up and it was 114,000,000

Does Google results matter in traffic?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you put quotation marks at the beginning and end of the phrase? If not, Google gave you numbers for each word alone. Do it this way for a proper assessment, IMHO.

"best sports site"

Hope this helps...

•••
is it 114million in quotes or without quotes.

Results just mean how frequently the word/words are used. Checking trends/OVT/Wordtracker give you a better idea of how much people actually search/use the term.

•••
well actually google results are important, and with quotes of course. especially for phrases that don't have high search volumes it is very useful to see how widely used such phrases are in general... I always check google results for domains with keywords when I consider buying...

•••
Set your browser preferences to 100 results per page, and then do your search, and click ahead to page 4 or 5 and see if you still see anything remotely relevant to what you want to do.

•••
mm4 said:
kicking around a domain

dont kick it around too much or it might be gone. once i get to this point i just reg it. Unless your buying junk names all the time its ok to take chances.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back