Domain Empire

Worst name you ever reged?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
We talk about our domain properties all the time and usually the best ones we have. So what I want to know is whats the worst Domain Name IYO that you ever registered?

Mine would have to be pimpinggear.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
slashbomb.com lols

Back when i was a script kiddie in the ninety's this was my webmaster portal site.

•••
I think I won. lol

multiplestreamofincomehowtogeneratealifetimeofunlimitedwealth.com

I saw the string had a good OVT at the time and I didn't know why, so I regged this ugly thing. Turns out there's a book with this title. If anyone wants the dreaded thing, PM me. I'd even take $np for this trifle of a domain.

•••
Archangel said:
I think I won. lol

I saw the string had a good OVT at the time and I didn't know why, so I regged this ugly thing. Turns out there's a book with this title. If anyone wants the dreaded thing, PM me. I'd even take $np for this trifle of a domain.

You're in the lead so far Archangel lol :imho:

•••
I have some bad spelling mistakes. Makes it worse when the time it takes you to realise the error is the time it takes for the non spelling mistake domain to be regged. I've missed a couple of very nice domains this way.

•••
WhaleVomit.com

Don't ask. Regged then dropped.
Someone else has it now.

•••
actually whalevomit isn't bad at all - quite a valuable commodity and could have been developed as the authority on it (I know there is a proper name to it - but most wouldn't know that to type it in)

my worst... thecomcen.com .... still thinking 'why'...

•••
My newbie mistake (drum roll)

tomcruise.ws

bad extention, bad actor, trademark issues and has only made 5 cents in 8 months :alien:

•••
sirengirl said:
tomcruise.ws

bad extention, bad actor, trademark issues and has only made 5 cents in 8 months :alien:
...and it's a .WS =P

•••
uBunghole.com .... even worse I renewed it a while back, lol.

•••
GoogleBookSearch.US

TM, 3 word, service isn't popular, and people don't casually call it "google book search" and its a .US

•••
sirengirl said:
My newbie mistake (drum roll)

tomcruise.ws

that really made me laugh... still it's 5 cents more than you think it's worth - if we ever got a .w*nker extension this name could be a gold mine.

RogueWriter said:

...but you know there is something strangely catchy about that domain

•••
RogueWriter said:

the renewal made me laugh :) thats a good one

Halobitt said:
WhaleVomit.com

Don't ask. Regged then dropped.
Someone else has it now.

<shrugs> why is a good question here

•••
junk.name - thinking some development.

•••
Shampoo-Bottle.com

I win.

•••
One day when I was searching through TDNAM, I found a few pages (I think that there 50 domains per page) of random 10* letter number sequences that made absolutely no sense at all. Some poor person must have registered hundreds of useless domains for a year because some wierd impulsive buy on nonsense 10 number/letter sequences. This person would beat everyone by a mile on this one.

*Not exactly sure about the number: between 8 and 12 but they were all the same length

•••
rgeisterfly.com :hehe: I tried to give it away in NP chat once...

•••
I have so many names i am not even aware of which are totally crap :(

•••
Hmm....must be daquiri.eu! Not even spelled right hehehe!

•••
peaches017 said:
Shampoo-Bottle.com

I win.

That's 300,000% better than multiplestreamofincomehowtogeneratealifetimeofunli mitedwealth.com :)

•••
Archangel said:
I think I won. lol

surely you jest!

:yell:

•••
FinWarez.info, wanted to setup a site telling about finnish warez huh. I don't know what went in my mind, but that domain is my worst domain ever.

•••
mine is london2018.me.uk and dundeeunited-fc.co.uk :)

both shocking names! :hehe:

•••
sierra said:
actually whalevomit isn't bad at all - quite a valuable commodity and could have been developed as the authority on it (I know there is a proper name to it - but most wouldn't know that to type it in)

yeah it sells for a fortune - its called ambergris and they use it to ad to perfumes to reduce the rate of evaporation - about US$20 per gram and whales spew is pretty big ! :hehe:

West Coast whale 'vomit' could be worth millions :: http://www.abc.net.au/eyre/stories/s1554273.htm?backyard

Anyway - The worse name (that I know of) that I registered was ilasvegasrealestate.com - I bought it in a drop for $60 thinking it would get some traffic - It did'nt :'(

Dropped it after first year

Good thread Chapel - I have seen loads of names that were held for up to 7 years (sometimes by the same person) and then dropped, snapnames is full of ones that were obviously registered with the hopes to sell - thousands of them D-:

•••
It was something like propertiesnakheel.biz. Auch..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back