NameSilo

World's First Domain Registrar Network Solutions Discloses Breach

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
I still have around 500 domains there. Sold around 10. Intend to renew a few there.
Was prompted to change password last week.
All in all, a happy customer of Netsol here.

•••
..used to be INTERNIC

before split (into more than 1 registrars), my family bought network solutions' stock online at around 187..
but after we pushed the click at that we got a bill in the mail saying it was 217..

fat finger *my first and yet only stock trade ever*

-have a special day

•••
Don't have any... most of my domains are at Dynadot and Uniregistry

•••
How many members still have domains reg'd with NS?

Yep...I started back in the day with netsol...soooooo long ago.

But today most are with Epik, some with godaddy and some with namesilo.

•••
NetSol:
World's first registrar
World's worst registrar
World's cheapest ($1 .com)
World's most expensive (.com renewal)

what a contradictory company!!

I dont use Netsol and when I buy any domain registered at Netsol I request Auth code.

Last edited:
•••
I still have around 500 domains there. Sold around 10. Intend to renew a few there.
Was prompted to change password last week.
All in all, a happy customer of Netsol here.

What do they charge you, if you don't mind me asking? It used to be $35 a year, back in the day. Do they give you a bulk discount?

•••
Renewal costs me $17. Will only be renewing a few though.
Still costlier than many but it is my way of thanking them for the service I got.

•••
Still costlier than many but it is my way of thanking them for the service I got.

Fair enough.

I think it also makes some sense to spread your risk from theft amongst more than one registrar.

•••

For 17 bucks you can use google domains and get more services.

I'm with godaddy myself but have a few at google domains, I'm really liking their simple and intuitive control panel. Plus they give you free email for your gmail account so it looks like you're sending from your domain.

Last edited:
•••

I'm with godaddy myself but have a few at google domains, I'm really liking their simple and intuitive control panel. Plus they give you free email for your gmail account so it looks like you're sending from your domain.

I didn't know they give you free email as well. Thanks. Does this also include drive etc? Kinda like Gsuite?

Last time I checked them out .coms were like $12 but it wasn't available in my country yet but it seems it is now.

•••
I didn't know they give you free email as well. Thanks. Does this also include drive etc? Kinda like Gsuite?

Last time I checked them out .coms were like $12 but it wasn't available in my country yet but it seems it is now.

We pay 17 bucks in Canada, I think it's around 12 bucks for the US.

If you want more info on how the email works you can see here, I opened a new topic so as no to take this one away from Network Solutions.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/email-for-your-domains.1161383/

•••
I think it also makes some sense to spread your risk from theft amongst more than one registrar.
Agreed. I definitely have them too other registrars ...dynadot, namesilo, directnic, epik, uni ... and a few at GD too.

Last edited:
•••
Not a fan of Network Sol... paying transfer fee, is always the best $7-8, i ever spend.

Last edited:
•••
Never registered with NS, only using godaddy for now.

•••

Agree with everything you posted :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back