NameLot

Wordpress hosting

Labeled as question in Web Hosting Discussion, started by jerryperes, Mar 7, 2018

Replies:
Views:

1. jerryperes

jerryperes Established Member

What should I consider when selecting a Wordpress hosting?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. DomainBoxio

DomainBoxio domainbox.io VIP

Check to ensure they offer support and geographically-relevant location to your target audience. As someone who has been on the other side of things, I can always recommend opening a support ticket prior to purchasing services with new providers.

Simply, opening a ticket to get a basic question answered will often give you quality insight on the hosting provider. Support speed, friendliness of staff, and competency to host websites can all be determined by this simple gesture.

3. jackie86

jackie86 New Member

One of the most important things to look for when choosing a host is the support, indeed. It's good if the host offers you a few ways of getting in touch with them - for example via an email, chat, phone.... When choosing a WordPress hosting I suggest you look for a plan that that includes SSD hosting for better speed and performance of your website.

4. daica85

daica85 Owner of NameCab.com VIP

I have listed some points you should consider when choosing a WordPress hosting, some of them below:
    • Mod Security: to help your site load safer
    • Dedicated IP: to help you with many useful things in SEO, SMTP email and avoiding spam problems.
    • Automatically & Real-time Backup: to help your site safer and avoid losing your important database
    • SSD Drive: to increase the read/write data time to disk more faster
    • Cache Services: to help your site responses faster and increase the load capacity
    You guys can read other factors in the article here

Hope this helps!

5. IMEZI

IMEZI Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

depend on your daily traffic... recently i acknowledged that 130 millions pageview per month were beyond wordpress coverage, even with cloudflare...

6. BrandMart

BrandMart Randomhiker.com VIP

WP hosting has some basic requirements to start with.
    1. SSD or SSD Cached HDD
    2. Good amount of RAM
    3. Dedicated IP(s)
    4. Cloudflare (optional)
    5. Good and Clean Wordpress theme
    6. Keep plugins to bare minimum
    7. Caching plugin
    8. Mod Security

7. jackie86

jackie86 New Member

It would be good if the hosting plan includes SSL certificates, backups, CDN, and IPv6 support.

8. baldwin jackson

baldwin jackson New Member

There are different things which needs to look before picking any WordPress hosting

1. Data Center Location
    2. Server Resources (Storage, Bandwidth, Server Response Time)
    3. Budget
    4. Other Features Like: CDN, SSL, Backups
    5. Live Support
    6. Security
    7. Latest Php Version Supported
    Secondly you can visit wordpress .org/about/requirements

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice