IT.COM

WordPress Formatting Help Needed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am terrible at code - I only know basic HTML. Frankly, code looks a lot like math and it scares me ;)

I have a Wordpress blog up with content on it. I want to expand on this, but the formatting went all funny on me. Some of the posts and some of the widget content is know in Italics.

I tried to reinstall another Wordpress theme - thinking that might correct it.

No luck, the formatting is still messed up.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

If I can't figure it out - I will have to take off all of my content and reinstall Wordpress.

I thought I would ask here first before I did that.

Thanks in advance! :wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi. Do you still need help with this? If so let me know.

•••
Yes, I would really appreciate it....Thank you for asking!

•••
I think you have download some other wordpress theme since every theme have different font size and looks.

•••
Hi Avabelle,

I think to make your blog more attractive you need to learn some thing about HTML at least. There are many word press theme provider website. You just need to install them or you can copy and paste the HTML code.

•••
I do know some html - but I have never ventured into the code...fearing that I might mess something up.

•••
learn about HTMl coading, if you want to make attractive your wordpress blog

•••
show me a demo , so might i will try to help you .

•••
show me a demo , so might i will try to help you .

I ended up reinstalling Wordpress because I thought it would be easier in the long run.

Thank you for offering!

Does anyone know how to:

1) hide tags so that they are only visible to you?
2) does anyone know the easiest way to add Google analytics to a WP theme?

Hopefully this is helpful to others as well - who struggle with code.

Thanks ahead of time.

•••
I think html knowledge is not that neccessary with Word Press. You can use the templates and obtain pretty good results anyway. But obviously, if you learn a little bit of HTML it will help you a lot. I would recommend googling html for beginners and go through, from the beginning. HTML is something you can learn on your own.

•••
Just install the Ultimate Analytics plugin to add analytics in wordpress

•••
Thanks for the recent feedback! I will check this out.

•••
•••
I can help for free if interested, will only take 2,3 minutes ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back