Dynadot

Won auction at @Dropcatch but not delivered?

NameSilo
Watch

Lutja

Impact
Hello,

Excuse for the fact that this is my first message, I am not a guru domainer, a have only a year-long experience.

For the first time I used DropCatch.com auction service, so I reg'd an account on NameBright because without, you cant bid on the auctions, alright, took another couple hours verifying my account blabla.

Straight after that, played a bit with auctions on a domain I was interested to get.

Took about 1h playing with another "bidder" (?lol), but still I won! Great!, I then finalized the payment, etc.

Got the receipt proof, email + order number etc, but guess what? It is now about 7hours since I paid and I still don't have received the domain into the Namebright's account.

Since that moment I even checked some other domains marketplaces, I could find that domain on sale on about 3 popular ones...

Question: Am I missing something? Something I should do after winning an auction? I've read their whole FAQs, terms and etc but I could not find something that I could have missed.

That amount is not that big, but still, that's some decent money so I getting a bit frustrated. (3 figures)

Thanks boys, and sorry for using my first post for this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your DropCatch.com purchase has been executed successfully, and the following items have been paid for and are waiting management in your NameBright.com account.

Order #XXXX:

Wish I could've received what I paid for?

•••
Edit: Whois info updated, Namebright is the registrar, and I can finally see my info as the registrant, but still no domain access into my Namebright's account. Wtf?

•••
The domain name is in my namebright cart, and I have to pay $85 to "restore" the domain? but why?

I already paid the auction in full, why do I have to pay again?

+ tried to contact them and no replies :/

•••
Can someone give me some insight, please? I am quite lost right now.

- Why do I have to pay the redemption grace period fees if I just got the account registered on my name after winning the auction ?

- The whois btw does not show anything related to this redemption period, it looks totally a normal reg.

•••
Relax. You are a brand new customer, they are a small company. I have recently noticed a longer delay time lately between my caught orders and then invoices to appear, usually 4 hours after bid close. Call support tomorrow, they will straighten it out as long as you provided correct and valid ID and payment method. I have never had issues go unanswered or unresolved, unlike most other Registrars.

•••
Thanks for your input mate, I am not afraid about losing my money, but only about the $85 restoration fees which I am forced to pay to get the domain pushed to my account, I mean why? I already won and paid the auction; it was stated nowhere that I would be needed to pay these!

•••
Thanks for your input mate, I am not afraid about losing my money, but only about the $85 restoration fees which I am forced to pay to get the domain pushed to my account, I mean why? I already won and paid the auction; it was stated nowhere that I would be needed to pay these!

Unless you were the previous registrant, there is no such $85 restoration fee.

•••
Of course I am not!

Thanks mate

•••
•••
It is now fixed, for some reasons their system was thinking I was the previous owner -,-

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back