IT.COM

advice Woaahh Domain I wanted to regfee buy, registered next day!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MarketingArchi

Marketing.ArchiEstablished Member
Impact
By someone else !!! First time happened to me ! Could it be that the registrar bought it ? or is it a coincidence?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You could do a who.is check however the details can be hidden so could be pointless.

•••
•••
you could try ping the domain to get the servers IP and then track the IP to where it is hosted? other than that i wouldnt know

•••
•••
Got to chip in here. I have had the same thing happen to me with some hand reg's when I go to register them. With one register it has happened a few times.

The chances are with hand reg the domain is pretty worthless anyway. However I found a few that I thought might be worth a punt. As soon as I checked out they are still available I trot over to domcomp (very useful site and I recommend it) to find the cheapest register. Low and behold when I try to reg it's taken.

I won't name and shame the register because it could just be coincidence and it's not fair to slate a business without proof.

To answer the OP's question though...Yes it has happened to me particularly with one register.

Best,
Paul

•••
The chances are with hand reg the domain is pretty worthless anyway.

not this one

•••
No worries dnmrkt. I was just making the point that I understand what has happened to you. Like I say it could just be coincidence.

As you have lost the domain can you share what it was ?

Best,
Paul

•••
•••
ooo painful that would be a good domain to have in your portfolio.

•••
•••
Hi dnmrkt.

OK maybe I am wrong but personally I don't feel it is a high value domain. If this is the case it is certainly a coincidence that it was taken within 24 hours of your research.

Best,
Paul

•••
Hi dnmrkt.

OK maybe I am wrong but personally I don't feel it is a high value domain. If this is the case it is certainly a coincidence that it was taken within 24 hours of you're research.

Best,
Paul
Its one that I would keep to develop. Digital currency swap exchange. like these ones: coinomat.com , https://shapeshift.io/

You would get it if you would be involved in that biz)

•••
Sure. I think the lesson we can all learn is to reg right away if we find a good domain.

Best,
Paul

•••
•••
•••
•••
Thanks, any linux solutions ?
Probably inbuilt, in Ubuntu it is in System Tools under Network Tools - does various lookups including Whois.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back