IT.COM

sales Within 3 minutes of listing at Sedo. 3k sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Revisiting

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Can never quite work these thinks out. Had a domain listed at Dan for ages,(sales parked) think it evens goes back to the Undeveloped .com days . Yet had barely began moving my domains to Sedo (just to try things out , again) and Bingo - congrats on your sale - I'd upped the price by a bit (well quite a bit by moving it from US$ to UK£, same number)
Don't you hate it when you think - I really need to understand this business better - even after 20 years.

3 minutes work for £300 for Sedo. it was a 10% charge
I hadn't even finished my listings or even started on their 'optimizations'

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can never quite work these thinks out. Had a domain listed at Dan for ages,(sales parked) think it evens goes back to the Undeveloped .com days . Yet had barely began moving my domains to Sedo (just to try things out , again) and Bingo - congrats on your sale - I'd upped the price by a bit (well quite a bit by moving it from US$ to UK£, same number)
Don't you hate it when you think - I really need to understand this business better - even after 20 years.

3 minutes work for £300 for Sedo. it was a 10% charge
I hadn't even finished my listings or even started on their 'optimizations'

perhaps somebody had been eyeing it for a while and thought it had sold when you de-listed it at dan, compelling the the person that had been eyeing it to seize the opportunity as soon as it was re-listed

•••
@falez That's very smart thinking. In your scenario how would the buyer have been instantly notified that @Revisiting delisted the name from Dan.com? or notified instantly after the name was listed at Sedo.com?

Last edited:
•••
@falez That's very smart thinking. In your scenario how would the buyer have been instantly notified that @Revisiting delisted the name from Dan.com? or notified instantly after the name was listed at Sedo.com?

perhaps he had hired a broker to keep an eye on it?

3 minutes is pretty damn quick nonetheless.

•••
none of the major marketplaces have a way for users to watch your name. You have no way of alerting possibly hundreds or thousands of people that had an interest at some point in your name about a sale or discount.

When you change DNS a small fraction of people that use godaddy or other domain monitoring tools get an alert. Sometimes that triggers them to buy the name.

•••
Yes, good to move around with selling platforms, I do sell a few names with switching but not in 3 minutes, it took me over 3 weeks to 3 months . I already in domainsales over 25 years but still leaning

•••
@AEProgram @falez What is the best software for monitoring domain names? Thanks. I've opened a new thread for this question.

Last edited:
•••
That's good to hear. The last time I sold on Sedo was in 2009.

•••
@AEProgram @falez What is the best software for monitoring domain names? Thanks. I've opened a new thread for this question.

not 100% sure. i really never fully got into domain name investing. i just dabble here and there :)

•••
gd is the best option, there is no real domain monitoring tool out there that keeps an eye on all marketplaces, sales channels etc because domainers are cheap and to build a real good tool it will cost money and will have to be maintained a lot too.

•••
@AEProgram is domain name back ordering and domain name monitoring essentially the same thing? https://uk.godaddy.com/help/set-up-domain-monitoring-579 I though back ordering was automatically buying when the name becomes available and monitoring is receiving alerts whenever something changes in the name's registration status?

•••
@AEProgram is domain name back ordering and domain name monitoring essentially the same thing? https://uk.godaddy.com/help/set-up-domain-monitoring-579 I though back ordering was automatically buying when the name becomes available and monitoring is receiving alerts whenever something changes in the name's registration status?
like you said, backordering will try to register a name monitoring will alert you to changes (expiration date, dns..)

Its good if you monitor a name that will drop

•••
I use Dynadot Watchlist to monitor the domains.

•••
Registered this name from the drop at 10:20 AM my time. It drops at 10 where I live.
Added to sedo after some chores as I wait for the sedo parking to propagate

And within minutes of adding at 11:26 got sold. for €1000

Sure it has to do with the KW alert

cryptojob1.png
ctrypto 2.png

Last edited:
•••
3 years on Sedo, zero sales!
Well, it's a schema, but it contains the truth :)

Last edited:
•••
Registered this name from the drop at 10:20 AM my time. It drops at 10 where I live.
Added to sedo after some chores as I wait for the sedo parking to propagate

And within minutes of adding at 11:26 got sold. for €1000

Sure it has to do with the KW alert

Show attachment 191808 Show attachment 191809
or it has to do with someone waiting a long time to catch this name when it drops, when they failed they just decided to buy

•••
Time had come. Was just waiting to get listed. Congratulations. 👍

•••
IMHO, I think it's a combination of:

1. Luck.
2. Timing (with your listing time and the buyer noticing. I think on an average, weekends tend to do better).
3. Quality of the name (in terms of the buyer's interest).
4. Marketplace sales record bias (e.g. if a marketplace sells a lot of Crypto prefix/suffix domains, listing a similar name in that marketplace will likely do better compared to other marketplaces where crypto is not that popular).
5. Other Algorithmic Benefits (of adding a new domain name on any marketplace).

Having said that, "within 3 minutes!" - Luck (i.e. coincidence) has to play a big part for something like that to happen.

•••
How long does sedo take to pay out the sellers?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back