Dynadot

Windows 8

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What do you think?
Buggy?
Better than Win7?
Hard to Nav/Learn?

Lets hear from the NamePros, the Kings of the Web!

Peace,
Cy

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••

Your poll shows as closed.

•••
Windows 7 still new to me, I might wait for windows 13

"Development of Windows 8 started before the release of its predecessor, Windows 7, in 2009"

Nice to know that lol

•••
•••
I didn't like it, but I installed a free download called Classic Shell that makes it like look and work like Windows 7(but with all the other features if you want them), and now it's great!

•••
I wouldn't say it rules.. but it definitely has some improvements on Windows 7. Once you get used to, its actually really good - far more customisable than previous versions.

•••

I tried it out at Staples. Seems kind of cool.

My question, though: how stable is it?

I'll never forget Vista (blech!).

•••

I tried it out at Staples. Seems kind of cool.

My question, though: how stable is it?

I'll never forget Vista (blech!).

Vista was horrible.

Windows 8 had some early compatibility issues (to be expected) but I haven't personally encountered any issues beyond the first couple of weeks of release. I will say that it can be markedly slower than Windows 7 if you're using an older computer - but I find it loads faster that Windows 7 using my SSD drive.

:)

•••
Haven't tried it yet, only Windows 7. When I get a new laptop later in the year & it has Windows 8, then I'll try to see if it's any good ;)

•••
Well I have not used yet windows 8.. I only use xp..

•••
See below :)

Last edited:
•••
Well, I must have died last Saturday and then resuscitated because when I woke up someone had taken my precious XP from my cold dead hands :'( :'( :'(

The week before my XP desktop's hard drive went out so I thought no big deal I still have my XP laptop.
Then on Saturday my motherboard on my laptop died :'(

Shit always happens on a weekend >:(
I had to wait until Monday to take my laptop to the repair shop and it wasn't until Tuesday that they told my it wouldn't be worth it to repair it or my desk top since they were both really old Dells and that I should just by a new computer >:(

So Tuesday and Wednesday I scrambled to figure out if I wanted to order another refurbished lartop from online and wait a week or so to get it or go buy a new laptop with the dreaded Windows 8! D-:

So I buckled under pressure and searched for a new laptop and ended up with a new 17" HP with Win 8.1 and all of HPs bloatware >:(

So for the last 24hrs I have tweaked it as much as I can to make it work like Win XP/7 by adding Classic Shell so I can have my Start button back and other features like direct to desktop and so on.

Also I was told by everyone wherever I went including the repair shop that none of my old programs would work on Win 8 like Office 2000, Image Composer from 1997 and few others that I love and too cheap to replace lol
But a miracle, they all work just fine! :bingo:

After its now been all tweaked and looks and feels more like my old Win XP I think its doable for now, at least until Win 9 comes out next year.

;)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back