Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

What is Windows Vista?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

AHA7

VIP Member
Impact
81
Hello there,

This might sound a stupid question, but I always keep hearing and reading about Windows Vista and I don't know what Windows Vista is? Is it an older OS than Win-xp or a newer one? Is it better than xp?

Thanks in advance!
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
it will be a NEW os which was formally named Windows Longhorn, and will not be released till about march of 2006.
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
Have you heard of Longhorn? They are the same thing. It is the next version of Windows that they are testing...after XP.
 
0
•••
better view of Vista
 
0
•••
lol
 
0
•••
Thanks guys! B-)
 
0
•••
Vista is Microsoft's next evil plan to make you invest more into their operating system and to crash your PC more often than ever :D:D:D
 
0
•••
buy the time they release vista, apple will be sending me a mac

vista sucks. transparent windows oooooooooooo :/
 
0
•••
adam_uk said:
vista sucks. transparent windows oooooooooooo :/

Vista isn't even in Beta 2 (I don't think), and sure Beta 1 was to show off the new visual effects and all that, but Vista has a lot more changes that you don't see in the screenshots. Don't get my wrong, I'm not a M$ fan, I just think we should wait and see before the bashing begins.
 
0
•••
wicked_gal00 said:
Vista isn't even in Beta 2 (I don't think), and sure Beta 1 was to show off the new visual effects and all that, but Vista has a lot more changes that you don't see in the screenshots. Don't get my wrong, I'm not a M$ fan, I just think we should wait and see before the bashing begins.

come on

microsoft havent done anything innovative since windows 95!

theyve scrapped the 2 things vista had going for it.

its just a reskinned xp (which is a re skinned 2000) with some transparent windows and resizable calculator
 
0
•••
beta 2 is out and i know people testing it
 
0
•••
i dont know about vista but windows is falling off way behind...even if they released it, it would take a while before it can be cleaned thoroghly
 
0
•••
whats gonna make this so much better than xp? i heard that you can connect your cell phone to it but what else?
 
0
•••
So thats is Windows Vista, I never even heard of it till now.
 
0
•••
It's *supposed* to be more secure, more search capabilities, and connectivity.
That and eye candy, I guess. :lol:
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back