IT.COM

poll Will you ever ask $50k+ for a 2 word .co?

NameSilo
Watch

Will you ever ask $50k+ for a 2 word .co?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes. Depends on the name

votes
    57.9%
  • No never!

votes
    42.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
I know that NFT and meta surge is going on right now, but will you ever put a price like $50,000+ for a domain name:

1) Registered 2 weeks ago
2) Is a 2-word name
3) Is a .CO

I am referring to the sale of MetaPayments.co domain name for $50,000+

I think we should all appreciate who the seller is, in this case. In the best-case scenario, unless the buyer comes and tell me that he is willing to pay $40,000 and I negotiate just so that do not run away, I would never put a price tag more than $5,000 on such a domain name.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Soofi If we know who the seller is, we can invite them for a MOCK negotiation here.
It would be interesting to see how he/she takes away every bit of money in my MOCK wallet

•••
.com maybe that isn't uncommon for a single word .com if the right keyword is involved. .CO just don't see it.

•••
@Soofi If we know who the seller is, we can invite them for a MOCK negotiation here.
It would be interesting to see how he/she takes away every bit of money in my MOCK wallet

yes, he’s (Sumeeth) part of our #DOMAINX Domainers network and announced the sale few days ago. @Sumeeth is it you?

•••
Hi guys,

I would never put such high price unless i see some similar sales happened in that price range. In my case, i have heard about similar keyword sale (not exact words) in org extension recently which went for 30k$+ so that was an inspiration to buy this domain and set my price to 38888 (GBP which i have set default to my dan domains) and luckily buyer hits the BIN with out negotiations.

Its been one of those lucky sale and, may be in this case, Meta and payments combo worked well for the buyer(may be buyer loves it for any cost).

Thanks,

•••
Thanks Sumeeth for sharing.

Hi guys,

I would never put such high price unless i see some similar sales happened in that price range. In my case, i have heard about similar keyword sale (not exact words) in org extension recently which went for 30k$+ so that was an inspiration to buy this domain and set my price to 38888 (GBP which i have set default to my dan domains) and luckily buyer hits the BIN with out negotiations.

Its been one of those lucky sale and, may be in this case, Meta and payments combo worked well for the buyer(may be buyer loves it for any cost).

Thanks,

•••
Did you do any outbound... How did the buyer got to see the name

Last edited:
•••
Stranger things have happened, so why not ?
It really depends on the domain itself.

•••
I know that NFT and meta surge is going on right now, but will you ever put a price like $50,000+ for a domain name:

1) Registered 2 weeks ago
2) Is a 2-word name
3) Is a .CO

I am referring to the sale of MetaPayments.co domain name for $50,000+

I think we should all appreciate who the seller is, in this case. In the best-case scenario, unless the buyer comes and tell me that he is willing to pay $40,000 and I negotiate just so that do not run away, I would never put a price tag more than $5,000 on such a domain name.
Yes why not! If I feel thats the trend and we can get closer to the asking price, would place a similar price
Actually I have listed a couple of my own meta names in .co for high prices

BuyMeta / co
OneMeta / co

I feel its a great price point for my short meta names

•••
While the rush for Meta domains is still there, the figures and the names would not make much sense. I myself have registered 2 word .co meta domains (8 letters each) and have listed all of them at $1999. If it sells, good. If it doesn't, will not renew.

•••
My only Meta+.com is a £39000 listing.

I think Sumeeth could go even higher, if someone pays 50K, they could probably pay even 90K or 190K.

Some guys spent 38K on steaks and wines on a night out. Dont be afraid of big numbers, they mean nothing to some people.

Last edited:
•••
.com maybe that isn't uncommon for a single word .com if the right keyword is involved. .CO just don't see it.
Exactly! 99% of us wouldn't quote anywhere in 5 figures. Mid 5 figure is a dream.

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Well, this sets the precedence for much higher sales in your career. What's the maximum sale you have made?

Yes why not! If I feel thats the trend and we can get closer to the asking price, would place a similar price
Actually I have listed a couple of my own meta names in .co for high prices

BuyMeta / co
OneMeta / co

I feel its a great price point for my short meta names
OneMeta is good. You never know what may sell at what price in these markets.

•••
While the rush for Meta domains is still there, the figures and the names would not make much sense. I myself have registered 2 word .co meta domains (8 letters each) and have listed all of them at $1999. If it sells, good. If it doesn't, will not renew.
Even if the meta craze exists?

My only Meta+.com is a £39000 listing.

I think Sumeeth could go even higher, if someone pays 50K, they could probably pay even 90K or 190K.

Some guys spent 38K on steaks and wines on a night out. Dont be afraid of big numbers, they mean nothing to some people.
Very well said! I agree and disagree. But ya, if you never ask, you will never get

•••
Even if the meta craze exists?

If it exists, I think I'll renew my personal Meta favourites and will drop some. Just regged MetaImagine.co. Still buying into the meta rush. :)

•••
If the domain was incredibly juicy, such as "stock market dot co" or "new york dot co" ...I would at least take a stab. Then, after no interest at a certain level, come back down to reality / offers accepted. Regardless, for such domains, I do consider them in the 5 figure realm

IMO

Last edited:
•••
OneMeta is good. You never know what may sell at what price in these markets.

Thanks. Yes many friends told me that OneMeta has great potential. But no offers as yet :xf.frown: But surprisingly got a couple of offers on BuyMeta :xf.smile: so lets see how it goes :xf.wink:

•••
Back