IT.COM

discuss 2 word .XYZ - Will the time ever come?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have started seeing a lot of domain name investors investing in 2 word .XYZ names. I know at some point, we didn't even believe that 1-word .XYZ would even fly. But it did!

2-word looks like a stretch, no matter the keywords and I am not at all bullish on them. But given the activity that I am seeing in .XYZ threads with what people are registering, it looks like I may be biased against .XYZ.

What does the community think of the 2 word .XYZ extensions? Will their 2 words ever be a profitable investment? If yes, what do you anticipate here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Buying them for $1 each, I'm convinced you can make a profit. Just make sure to pick good keywords that go well together, and set reasonable prices.

Last edited:
•••
Buying them for $1 each, I'm convinced you can make a profit. Just make sure to pick good keywords that go well together, and set reasonable prices.
But who would buy a 2 word .xyz? Do you need to outbound it?

•••
But who would buy a 2 word .xyz? Do you need to outbound it?
I don't do outbound. Time can be spent more efficiently. Afternic Fast Transfer works great.

•••
I don't do outbound. Time can be spent more efficiently. Afternic Fast Transfer works great.
Agree and disagree!
But how about a 2 word .xyz. I don't think that has any chance of inbound sale. Or am I missing something here?

•••
Agree and disagree!
But how about a 2 word .xyz. I don't think that has any chance of inbound sale. Or am I missing something here?
I sold one after 4 days. Inbound of course. So yes, it has a chance.

•••
I sold one after 4 days. Inbound of course. So yes, it has a chance.
Out of how many that you own? The percentage is more important. 1/10 is a good number. 1/1000 may be not so much. 1/3000, yet a little less.
And fr what kin of price.

•••
•••
•••
Getting $100 offers on a few meta+keyword.xyz names.
I guess that qualifies as 2 word xyz names

•••
How about three words :)

YouDidGreat(dot)xyz

Last edited:
•••
Getting $100 offers on a few meta+keyword.xyz names.
I guess that qualifies as 2 word xyz names
A good sign indeed! Number of registrations are spiking as well! This can become big.
How about three words :)

YouDidGreat(dot)xyz
Not at all! I don't see any scope at least for the next 2 years. 3 words in .COMs are not good, .xyz would be a waste of money according to me.

•••
I have started seeing a lot of domain name investors investing in 2 word .XYZ names. I know at some point, we didn't even believe that 1-word .XYZ would even fly. But it did!

2-word looks like a stretch, no matter the keywords and I am not at all bullish on them. But given the activity that I am seeing in .XYZ threads with what people are registering, it looks like I may be biased against .XYZ.

What does the community think of the 2 word .XYZ extensions? Will their 2 words ever be a profitable investment? If yes, what do you anticipate here?
The fact that you are asking.

•••
I do not believe those .xyz sales are legitimate.
Seem too good to be true.

•••
I'd love you to valuate my xyz if you want to DM ?

•••
I do not believe those .xyz sales are legitimate.
Seem too good to be true.
You mean they are fake sales? Who has that kind of money to pay as platform service fee - it's 5% +

•••
•••
•••
It is now on NameBio https://namebio.com/coinhub.xyz

She also sold MetaData that some regard as 2-word, but I view it as one. Still huge sale.

Some other xyz that sold for $1500+ and are listed in NameBio include
  • A r t L a b
  • F r e s h C u t s
  • S e e d T a n k
  • B l o c k c h a i n G a m i n g
A lot of $$$ sales as per my recent NamePros Blog post.

Bob
Thanks for this Bob! But the numbers look really small considering 2-word names.
What is your analysis about how this can grow/reduce as we move forward?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back