IT.COM

Will this be a trademark violation tetu[dot]net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I own tetu[dot]net

There is a French gay magazine with that name and they have all other major extensions. Does this mean this domain can't be used for a gay forum or a gay dating website?
Not that I'm considering to develop it but I might sell it.

"Têtu" is a french word and means "stubborn", or "obstinate".

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
screw them. it's a common word.

•••
Usage plays a huge factor in deciding if your infringement is legal or not. Though it may be an alternative lifestyle magazine, I would bet their TM falls under all types of media catagories (meaning that it may not be limited for a gay lifestyle, but using it for that purpose will not help you). Right now, I will tell you that you are hurting yourself with this domain, just check out some of the links.

Now if you developed the domain in an unrelated catagory than the known TM, that will help you.

"screw them. it's a common word."

Amazing insight you have... still haven't read up on domains and TM yet I see.

•••
That is not even an understatement ;)
:: .Mashup.com :: .TheYahoo.com :: .TheYahooSearch.com
:: .YouTube.ag :: .eLuxury.tv :: .SedoPro.mobi :: .Sedo.ws
:'(

•••
Regarding French Law you can protect a common word when the name is not related to your business. So there might be a problem if you're looking to go on the same business with this name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back