IT.COM

question Will there be huge demand for AI domains?!

NameSilo
Watch

Will there be a huge demand for AI domains?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    61.7%
  • No

votes
    25.5%
  • Don't know

votes
    12.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Centauri

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

as Photo AI has just been traded for $40k,
and there are / were people with different opinions regarding ai domain success,
what is your opinion?!

I personally think the demand is already there in a huge fraction,
but it must be a good keyword in front (or behind) it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe yes maybe not, the AI still is not at it's peak, maybe in future, but still people will prefer using brand names which have no acronyms in them.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe yes maybe not, the AI still is not at it's peak, maybe in future, but still people will prefer using brand names which have no acronyms in them.
I agree its a naming fad that will grow tiresome. People will want to stand out and be distinct. There will be some great sales without a doubt but as mentioned only in the top tier names/words.

Just like other trends it will die down just like meta nft token and such. Other words will develop from this niche.

•••
I agree its a naming fad that will grow tiresome. People will want to stand out and be distinct. There will be some great sales without a doubt but as mentioned only in the top tier names/words.

Just like other trends it will die down just like meta nft token and such. Other words will develop from this niche.
I don't think it will die out like meta, or nft...

in my humble opinion.

AI is in a slow development process, since years.

This is now the first time, we really see something for the daily customer (chatgpt).

I think this is the beginning, and it will likely grow.

Until the day, it all becomes a standard, like your smartphone.

Well, maybe then AI won't be that hyped anymore, and good ai domains will already be in broad usage,
hence there won't be any demand for new ai domains...

That might take 4-5 years.

AI is definitely not like meta verse, nft space, or any other of this stuff, I would say.

Thanks for voting to everybody!

Last edited:
•••
I don't think it will die out like meta, or nft...

in my humble opinion.

AI is in a slow development process, since years.

This is now the first time, we really see something for the daily customer (chatgpt).

I think this is the beginning, and it will likely grow.

Until the day, it all becomes a standard, like your smartphone.

Well, maybe then AI won't be that hyped anymore, and good ai domains will already be in broad usage,
hence there won't be any demand for new ai domains...

That might take 4-5 years.

AI is definitely not like meta verse, nft space, or any other of this stuff, I would say.

Thanks for voting to everybody!
Not saying its going away just consider from a branding perspective AIThis ThatAI and having a name that looks like everyone else’s name is not the way it will go. Thats a way to get lost in the sea of competition.

I mean look at the blockchain niche. They avoid block and chain at this point and use something else entirely that is distinct.

I have been on enough bandwagons to know.

•••
Hi,

as Photo AI has just been traded for $40k,
and there are / were people with different opinions regarding ai domain success,
what is your opinion?!

I personally think the demand is already there in a huge fraction,
but it must be a good keyword in front (or behind) it.
That is true
I was feeling this is coming and snagged ReignofAI.com an AiNerds.com, Ai-News.us and Ai-Bots.us, hopefully these will yeald me a pretty penny
Hopefully will be able

•••
It's not about the fad or demand. As use cases arises out of AI, obviously great domain names would get sold. Example: No one thought a few years back we would generate content from just natural prompts. And then we got a lot of use cases that converts prompt to written content.

Similarly, one should look at potential use cases and I think that will drive the domain name in the AI sector.

•••
Ai is still a growing trend made popular by the emergence of chatgpt. Other organisations are now seeing reasons to key in even when such technologies are not ready to be deployed yet as can being seen during the launching of both Bard and Ernie respectively by Google and Baidu.

Even Microsoft that has succeeded in incorporating chatgpt with Bing, there are still some complaints by endusers.

But in other not to be left behind, several organisations are keying into the trends including domain registers (dynadot) and marketplace (squaldhelp).

The crypto and NFT sectors do not also want to be left behind. Binance few weeks ago, launched an Ai powered NFT which they name -Bicasso.

In addition to this, photoai.com was recently sold. That should tell you that organisations are gearing up to key into the trend. It becomes a case of adopt or get perished.

•••
Not saying its going away just consider from a branding perspective AIThis ThatAI and having a name that looks like everyone else’s name is not the way it will go. Thats a way to get lost in the sea of competition.

I mean look at the blockchain niche. They avoid block and chain at this point and use something else entirely that is distinct.

I have been on enough bandwagons to know.
May be right...

But if you just start out with your website,
for ex. Photo AI .com might be a lot better than a xyz-name, without AI in it.

AI is refining your domain name,
as it stands for ultra intelligent / super smart.

(I know at least a dozen websites, using block in their domains, or crypto.
Reason block or chain is not even more used, is, that is not an abbreviation, but a full word, occupying 5 letters in your domain).

Last edited:
•••
AI is far to broad a term to ever gain widespread adoption. The advanced and overlaid algorithms that drive this seemingly intelligent decision making process has far to wide an application and product list waiting in the wings to contain itself under one general abbreviation.

Transistors and micro electronics are of course the mainstay of all technologies of today.
Sure we had the transistor radio, and a couple of others but, thankfully we never went any further. No transistor washing machine, transistor printer etc. Those that think AI will be any different are embracing hope way above any logic.

Sure it's going to have a relatively short relevance as newsworthy products and applications come to market but that will soon fade away. Other abbreviations (to many to mention) are far more product specific and service defining therefore they stay relevant.

I'm personally not surprised at the Photo AI selling at this price. It is one of the immediate applications that has that ability to turn us all into David Baileys but, that again will become a processing norm in due time.

Last edited:
•••
What's "Photo AI" are you referring to photoai.com or photo.ai? Because photoai.com was picked up on Dropcatch for $508 in 2020-09-30, and I can't find any sales for photo.ai on namebio.com.

Assuming it's photo.ai you're referring to, then it's currently owned by a speculator. Meaning those $40,000 didn't come form an end-user, they came from someone who thought they could make a profit by selling it for more.

Not too long ago a broker for cbdoil.com (which sold for half a million a few years back) was looking to liquidate it, and recent comparative sales (cbdgum.com, cbdpop.com, etc.) were roughly around a thousand dollars. This is why it's so important to focus on end-users and what they're willing to pay.

To answer your question, no. I don't think they'll be particularly sought after because you don't need AI in the TLD or SLD for an AI-related service. Just look at some other comparative term like VR. How many of them are in use and how many of them are for sale? I can come up with a random VR domain, like vrworld.com and almost guarantee you that it's for sale without even looking it up. End-users generally aren't looking for these kind of domains. B ut even if they were sought after the competition for these domains are so fierce that you're probably going to lose out regardless.

Also keep in mind that the renewal fee for .ai is over $65 (while the .com is under $10) and the price likely going to increase a lot quicker as well because it's not as strictly regulated. So holding on to more than a few of .ai:s will add up quickly.

Last edited:
•••
What's "Photo AI" are you referring to photoai.com or photo.ai? Because photoai.com was picked up on Dropcatch for $508 in 2020-09-30, and I can't find any sales for photo.ai on namebio.com.

Assuming it's photo.ai you're referring to, then it's currently owned by a speculator. Meaning those $40,000 didn't come form an end-user, they came from someone who thought they could make a profit by selling it for more.

Not too long ago a broker for cbdoil.com (which sold for half a million a few years back) was looking to liquidate it, and recent comparative sales (cbdgum.com, cbdpop.com, etc.) were roughly around a thousand dollars. This is why it's so important to focus on end-users and what they're willing to pay.

To answer your question, no. I don't think they'll be particularly sought after because you don't need AI in the TLD or SLD for an AI-related service. Just look at some other comparative term like VR. How many of them are in use and how many of them are for sale? I can come up with a random VR domain, like vrworld.com and almost guarantee you that it's for sale without even looking it up. End-users generally aren't looking for these kind of domains. B ut even if they were sought after the competition for these domains are so fierce that you're probably going to lose out regardless.

Also keep in mind that the renewal fee for .ai is over $65 (while the .com is under $10) and the price likely going to increase a lot quicker as well because it's not as strictly regulated. So holding on to more than a few of .ai:s will add up quickly.

Such much rubbish in one post.

PhotoAi.com sold 40k buyer is https://twitter.com/levelsio

•••
Someone saying AI ain't a good domain attribute?!

ai.JPG

I like that sitting style, must be good for your back :xf.grin:

•••
Such much rubbish in one post.

PhotoAi.com sold 40k buyer is https://twitter.com/levelsio
Nothing I said was wrong.

Photoai.com was picked up on Dropcatch for $508 in 2020-09-30, and there are no documented sales of it on namebio.com other than that.

12121.png

But apparently, @levelsio posted a screenshot of an Escrow transfer for photoai.com with $40,000. I was not aware of this, the opening post doesn't even clarify what domain he's talking about, let alone provide any citations.

But at the very least its in the hands of an end-user.

That said, do I believe that any "______ai.com" or "ai______.com" will sell for similar prices? No. Most of the recent sales of these kind of domains are in the $XXX range according to namebio.com, and basing your trading strategy off outlier sales is like buying lottery tickets because someone won the jackpot.

Last edited:
•••
schoolai sold 40k
photoai sold 40k
more.ai sold 40k
My own names got 5 a lot of 5 figure offers already,

No need to talk about stuff u have no clue about

Good domain names will sell, bad domain names wont sell

Thats it.

•••
schoolai sold 40k
photoai sold 40k
more.ai sold 40k

Thats it.
What do you think about lingualai.com ( I hold this domain). I think there will be lot of language ai services in future with gpt 4 and above. Is this is a good one?

•••
schoolai sold 40k
photoai sold 40k
more.ai sold 40k
My own names got 5 a lot of 5 figure offers already, No need to talk about stuff u have no clue about

Well given these are clearly end-user prices - I think it all confirms it's a good time for domainers to be selling their strongest AI names. I don't think there is any need to belittle those that offer an opinion and share their beliefs about the medium to long term

I would, as always be following the best domain minds in what they are buying, Seems to me they are viewing this as the very best of times to be selling..

Maybe now Is a good time to be revisiting those 5 figure offers already but, I'm sure you know what's best.

And indeed "Good names sell" Now If only Good Names could remain Good forever. What a predictable world domaining would be.

Last edited:
•••
Well given these are clearly end-user prices - I think it all confirms it's a good time for domainers to be selling the strongest AI names. I don't think there is any need to belittle those that offer an opinion and share their beliefs about the medium to long term

I would, as always be following the best domain minds in what they are buying, Seems to me they are viewing this as the very best of times to be selling..

Maybe now Is a good time to be revisiting those 5 figure offers already but, I'm sure you know what's best

I'd suggest taking the advice of @Elad n instead.

Top investor with amazing sales. If someone knows their stuff, he definitely is among them.

•••
Thanks twiki, I'm sure in that case he's already onboard. And perhaps views the some of the comments as being about the short-term prospects. Which, certainly from my point of view it never was.

AI is definitely a hot, hot topic, With the up and coming adoption in so many fields, But, I will refer back to what is the best time to be selling - And I do think it is now, Or certainly within the next 12 months.

The best minds are going to be fully aware of the role-outs and certainly don't need my contribution

Last edited:
•••
Thanks twiki, I'm sure in that case he's already onboard. And perhaps views the some of the comments as being about the short-term prospects. Which, certainly from my point of view it never was.

You're not getting it. (I think)

He knows too well what the actual potential of something is or not.

Also you're wrong of the long-term potential of "ai" term. True there will be other terms (GPT among them now) but this is not something short term as you might think. It's also been sold for long already and only gets mainstream next.

One is entitled though to have their own opinions of course. But would you want to make money with domains? Then these are the folks you need to listen to. Really.

Otherwise you can be right ... sitting on no money. No offense intended here.

Last edited:
•••
No offense intended here.
None ever taken, I do sometimes think even the best minds in domains can skirt through posts and pick up on the negatives without picking-up on the context.

I have a couple of Intelligence type domains - that I consider brandable and I shall certainly carry on my search. Man, I am absolutely NOT putting down this market. Just the long-term prospects for the AI usage. (as a pre or subtext)

I guess we will have to revist this thread in 24 months time to see just how adoptive AI as a inclusive within domains lettering progressed

Last edited:
•••
schoolai sold 40k
photoai sold 40k
more.ai sold 40k
Why are you omitting the .com?

Sure, photoai.com was bought to host the site previously hosted on photoai.io. Fair enough, an upgrade. schoolai.com seems to be running some kind of site, and more.ai is parked.

These are good flips. Because roughly three years ago they were all worth $XXX.

Right...and how many have you sold?

If you're right then you should be happy that I'm choosing not to compete with you for these domains.

Thats it.
Bad domains sell all the time.

•••
Why are you omitting the .com?

Sure, photoai.com was bought to host the site previously hosted on photoai.io. Fair enough, an upgrade. schoolai.com seems to be running some kind of site, and more.ai is parked.

These are good flips. Because roughly three years ago they were all worth $XXX.

Right...and how many have you sold?

If you're right then you should be happy that I'm choosing not to compete with you for these domains.

Bad domains sell all the time.

.com version has a much lower value than photo.ai for example.

That's the reason.

Edit: @Elad n focuses on better sales such as 5 - 6 figs in general

Last edited:
•••
.com version has a much lower value than photo.ai for example.
That's really questionable actually. Obviously photo is a better SLD than photoai, but .com is better than .ai.

Edit: @Elad n focuses on better sales such as 5 - 6 figs in general
What do you mean? You don't know what alleged domains he's supposedly referring to, so you can't know their value, and therefore not know whether or not it's a good decision to reject these offers.

•••
This seems to be proving a worthy topic of discussion. Acronyms as a generalization, ie AI or Specific acronyms, as in DTV. etc. (showing my age here)

I guess in the long run it's going to come down to the role that each plays as a definitive of the subject matter portrayed. As Artificial Intelligence rolls-out and is widely adopted, I just don't see it taking a leading roll in the descriptive.

Could you imagine today specifically asking for an ' Automatic or Programmable washing machine' That sales assistant is going to think you came off the Ark.

AI is going to impact on just about every walk of daily life, and will be imbedded as a norm IMO. But I fully understand why some see a new evolution as a permanent reference... It's usually the youngsters

•••
Back