Dynadot

question Will there be a problem if I buy this domain (Uk)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

stav

Established Member
Impact
the domain extension is "uk"
when i whois check it on nominet, it says the right of registration belongs to its "co (dot) uk" owner.
also when u go to "co (dot) uk" website of this domain it leads u to "freecom dot net"

so, will there be a problem if i buy this one? im just plannin to resell it
(also im not a uk citizen and not livin there)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if the co.uk owner has rights to .uk (as you mentioned), your registrar "should" not allow you to register the .uk. I know GoDaddy prevents you.

•••
The UK registry states this -
At 08:00hrs on 10 June 2014 we launched the new shorter, sharper domain name .uk into our UK domain family. If you are an existing customer and own a unique .co.uk, .org.uk, .me.uk, .net.uk, .plc.uk or .ltd.uk, a .uk domain name may already have been reserved especially for you until 10 June 2019.

•••
I own a few .co.uk domains recently and checked with rhe registrar recently about wether i have the rights to the .uk of the same name etc

The only reason i checked is because i own a certain .co.uk bought after the 2013? date and when i bought this domain name i had the chance to buy the .uk but didnt want to so didn't

Someone has since bought the .uk of this domain name

But i have other .co.uk domains which my registrar reckons i have the .uk right to even tho i have not bought the .uk of the domain name as yet and dont really want to and would only probably buy the .uk as defensive purchase

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back