Dynadot

discuss A new way of using domains: Creating websites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Today I read news about Google's new invention: Search Generative Experience (SGE), which uses AI for search.

I thought that bad news are coming: organic search in Google will be on a second place. And then I got an idea: Use domains for creating websites, easiest and memorable for type-in directly in browser and advertise them elsewhere offline: outer advertising, print newspapers, stickers with them on your car, billboards, flyers, city lights, video advertising etc.

What's you say?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wait what?! Since when is creating websites a new way of using domains? LOL, you must be joking.

Last edited:
•••
Since when is creating websites a new way of using domains?
I am about that websites can be found well and known by more people, need cool domains and except online advertising needs offline advertising because Google will provide generative AI result at first.

•••
Creating websites is, quite literally, the original way to use domains.

This is like saying, "a new way to use trading sardines: eating them".

•••
I would like to know the impact that search generative experience will have on parking
I guess only time will tell...

•••
is there a service that allows you to easily create and host a web page associated with a domain name for free?
I find that web page hosting on Google is difficult to set up for someone who knows nothing about IT.

•••
is there a service that allows you to easily create and host a web page associated with a domain name for free?
I find that web page hosting on Google is difficult to set up for someone who knows nothing about IT.
Try a Dynadot sitebuider. There a free plan and paid ($20 per year).

•••
Netlify's self-help tool is probably one of the easiest, most convenient ways to host some static HTML on the web. Literally just drag and drop.

https://app.netlify.com/drop

•••
Website, Portal, Cloud or SaaS platform - That's an Happy Ending for any Domain!

Hope every quality domain finds its home and that's also our mission 😂

•••
I bought a load of EMDs ages ago as a thought to thwart Googles AI efforts. Am selling them all now as I need the money, but I reckon thats where it should be going as type in traffic will then hopefully circumvent google.

•••
Igor is obviously trying to be entertaining like a bad comedian!

•••
Try a Dynadot sitebuider. There a free plan and paid ($20 per year).
Thanks Igor for the info but unfortunately my domain names are hosted by another registrar and apparently I won't be able to use their creation/hosting service (which doesn't look bad...)

•••
Thanks Igor for the info but unfortunately my domain names are hosted by another registrar and apparently I won't be able to use their creation/hosting service (which doesn't look bad...)
I can you link to Hostgator sitebuilder or hosting as I am affiliate.

•••
Apparently Hostgator offers hosting for up to 3 sites. But I would like to be able to host dozens of landing pages (made myself), each time with the associated domain name and displayed in the address bar.

•••
Apparently Hostgator offers hosting for up to 3 sites. But I would like to be able to host dozens of landing pages (made myself), each time with the associated domain name and displayed in the address bar.
Maybe you should try Domain .io?

•••
Seems good... do you use this service? So if I understood correctly, I could
- have my domain names hosted by the registrar of my choice
- personalize the landing page with a message of my choice, in French for example, or maybe even host my own landing pages made by myself ?
- the domain name is correctly displayed in the address bar for each individual landing page ?

•••
Seems good... do you use this service? So if I understood correctly, I could
- have my domain names hosted by the registrar of my choice
- personalize the landing page with a message of my choice, in French for example, or maybe even host my own landing pages made by myself ?
- the domain name is correctly displayed in the address bar for each individual landing page ?
No, I don't use this service.

•••
Try websites.co.in - easiest and quickest one out there.

•••
wix.com is an advanced cheap website builder

•••
You could always try Geocities.... oh wait 15 years too late.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back