IT.COM

discuss Will Cryptocurrency New gTLD Domain Names be Valuable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
From a domain investor’s point of view, do you think the actual domain names will be valuable? It seems pretty clear that some of the new gTLD registries have been doing well despite the reseller aftermarket producing relatively few sales. I am curious if you think there would be a stronger aftermarket for domain names like Bit.Coin or Coin.Wallet for example...
Some of the extensions I can imagine would have applicants:
  • .Coin
  • .Bitcoin
  • .Crypto
  • .Etherium
  • .ICO
  • .BTC
  • .BCC
  • .Token
  • .Wallet
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The most feasible potential offerings in my opinion are .coin, .wallet and .crypto the others are probably too limiting for ex, .ico would be the equivalent of a burner because it would only be useful prior to and during an ico sale. Extensions like .BTC, BCC, .Ethereum might be too limiting because most companies use and will use multiple currencies like monero, dash, litecoin etc.

They might work but I feel like the actual usage may be limited to (THIS PRODUCT/OFFERING ONLY).(Currency) for example Exchange.BTC or Loan.BTC, Crowdsurance.Ethereum etc...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back