IT.COM

new gtlds Why Gamble on New gTLD Domains Today?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The new gTLD domain names have been on the market for over a year now. There have been some publicly reported aftermarket sales, but I think it is a very small percentage of the weekly sales (by volume and value). I am still mostly on the sidelines when it comes to investing in new gTLD domain names. I didn’t invest .com domain names in the 1990s. I didn’t even buy great .com domains until the mid to late 2000s. Despite this late entry, my business has still grown and flourished. There are plenty of other examples of people who have . . .
Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Completely depends on the name. There are many extremely brandable and ultimately game changing new gTLD's.

Why would you "avoid investing" in domain names like Career.Training, Higher.Education or Kids.Furniture?

And what did they cost?

•••
And what did they cost?

There are just so few sales in relation to the millions of gtlds names,and more to come, out there now I simply see confusion among potential buyers. And few renewals of premium names and gtld in general..

And yes, I did buy some but have basically stopped now, not seeing enough light.

•••
If you have an investment time frame of weeks, then you shouldn't be purchasing any premium domains.

•••
If you have an investment time frame of weeks, then you shouldn't be purchasing any premium domains.

I believe at least a year has past since the first releases, but then of course that is weeks but quite a lot of them. I am seeing very few positive signs, most of the few high value sales are dubious registry sales, but then I am just an old cynic who knows very little.

But looking at your username and the few responses I have read you are heavily invested so a very different view.

•••
register them all.

gTLD will make you rich eventually (probably)

•••
Why would you "avoid investing" in domain names like Career.Training, Higher.Education or Kids.Furniture?

Because they generally don't make sense as an investment. Pretty much any great combos are registry reserved or come with high registration and/or high renewal fees.

Which of the ones you listed do not come with premium registration and/or premium renewal fees?

Brad

•••
If you want to cash in on new extensions, the best way would be to buy shares in the registries. Every registration is a winning ticket for them. But that doesn't mean all those companies will be financially healthy.

The registries are the new domainers. They understand that the real money will be made at the top of the food chain.

•••
Because they generally don't make sense as an investment. Pretty much any great combos are registry reserved or come with high registration and/or high renewal fees.

Which of the ones you listed do not come with premium registration and/or premium renewal fees?

Brad

If you have a lot of time and are patient (and be smart enough how to search for it), you'll be able to find really good ones for regular prices and renewal fees.

Everyone who are into this knows that .COM is the 'diamond extension'. Personally I'm trying to build a portfolio with both decent .COM (at the moment I am not able to afford more than low XXXX ones) and great new gTLDs. One does not necessarily exclude the other.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back