Domain Empire

discuss Will .co be another .biz?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
.co names are hardly below $100. Whatever was good is either a premium name or has already been scooped up. In that context, do you think .co will die its own death?

Or is there a way this extension would revive or stay the way it was meant to be?

Sorry, I forgot, who buys .co? Is it an alternative to .COM, only shorter and hence the popularity?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My top .biz sale is 10 times my top .com sale, and 100 times my top .co sale, so far.

yea..and you represent 0.0000000001% domainers in this situation

next

Last edited:
•••
Earlier I used to defend .co and .io
Now i feel I do so only to my detriment as the wholesale prices are going up daily..

Carry on...

•••
•••
".co is a country domain but nowadays many companies use .co for the company names."

@Domain Search Just like .io for British Indian Ocean Territory

•••
".COM still dominates the Internet, followed by .net and .org."

@primenames I think it depends upon your country. Does your comment apply exclusively to U.S. and A.?

Last edited:
•••
"forget biz

co will always be good

as will io"

@alcy

A major strength and benefit of .co and .io over .biz is that the first two END many words and place names (English and other languages) and so can be used in may domain HACKS. The list is endless for co and io. The list for biz is showbiz.

Last edited:
•••
.biz was very popular before it was introduced. For example 40,000 keywords received more than 2 applications and went to lr2. Amazon wanted business.biz. There were rumors that it would cost 1K minimum to register a .biz. Originally each application would count as a lottery ticket... .biz was killed intentionally, but not totally. If .co and .io are popular, this is because some powerful people what them to look popular. If they were intrinsically good, then, they would become popular before 2010.

•••
..why can't I edit my post.. what--> want, above. also by lottery ticket, I mean, nonrefundable application, so if you buy 10 tickets, someone else buys 1000 tickets, you have less than 1 percent chance of winning, and if you lose, you lose application costs as well... this thing always happen,..for example everyone expected gold to skyrocket, but instead some people introduced bitcoin, and all the excess money went to cryptos.

Last edited:
•••
.co is another subpar TLD with hundreds of people sitting on thousands of subpar domain names.

imo they have little value

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back