IT.COM

poll Will a buyer buy your .CO? Let's discuss

NameSilo
Watch

Will a buyer buy your .CO?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes. My domains are unique

votes
    39.4%
  • May, may not buy

votes
    48.5%
  • No. They have too many options

votes
    12.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Unless your .CO domain is too good, do you think a buyer has the probability of buying it from you at $2,000 to $10,000 or so?
I don't think so. Here is why:

The buyer has too many options

Imagine how many domain name investors would buy the $120 .CO domains which are decent to really good. Not many, I would suppose (an assumption here, given that one can buy like 12 .COMs or a decent 4-letter .COM for that price).
So, if you buy a $1 .CO domain now, thinking that a buyer may snap it up for $999 or so, things may be tricky here. The buyer has many options with the $120 names that he can buy instead of buying your .CO domain. That's where my doubt comes in.

Although I did book close to 200 .CO domains recently, there is always the factor of having the choice to book 20 .COMs instead. A difficult choice indeed. But given that .CO is so enticing, I could hardly resist the urge.

I think I picked up a couple of decent names. However, the time will tell.

What do you think of your recent .CO acquisitions of $1 each?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Really appreciate all your posts related to .co domains.
They are really full of wisdom, thanks !

Do you buy the premium .co domains at the new reg prices of $100+ and continue to get a decent ROI ?

Thanks @steven55 ! I do buy some premium .co domains but only a few each month. They are still profitable for me but have a high holding cost because I don't normally drop them.
When I'm evaluating a $100ish purchase, I ask myself if the domain is worth $200/$250 (the purchase price plus 5 years hold time)?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I purchased around 200 .co after reading Nikul's posts in July this year
I would be out of the red even if 2 were sold for 99 right?

So I set a Bin of 99 for the worst of the lot and 1 got binned within weeks of purchase.

I regged them in a hurry and I think about 50% are a waste of bandwidth, but I plan to reduce the BIN on the better lot and see.

Good thing about reg premium, it warms up a buyer to the 99-999 price point I guess.

•••
I purchased around 200 .co after reading Nikul's posts in July this year
I would be out of the red even if 2 were sold for 99 right?

So I set a Bin of 99 for the worst of the lot and 1 got binned within weeks of purchase.

I regged them in a hurry and I think about 50% are a waste of bandwidth, but I plan to reduce the BIN on the better lot and see.

Good thing about reg premium, it warms up a buyer to the 99-999 price point I guess.

Nice, interesting..

Did you list them at Afternic and one of them got binned ?

•••
Nice, interesting..

Did you list them at Afternic and one of them got binned ?
I list them everywhere. DAN, Afternic, Uniregistry, Epik, Dynadot some even squadhelp.. This one was on SAV.

•••
I list them everywhere. DAN, Afternic, Uniregistry, Epik, Dynadot some even squadhelp.. This one was on SAV.

Thanks!
You listed them with BIN at all these places ?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back