Dynadot

domains Will $15M seem like a steal or a huge overpay 5 years from now for NFTs.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

The big news today is the announced acquisition of NFTs.com for $15M. The press release is attached below. How do you think this sale will age? It does make NFT.com at $2M look like a great purchase price IMO. Looking at Google trends which is only one data point, it seems the trend line has been trending down on NFT and NFTS Interestingly NFTs.com was registered way back in 1999 long … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$15 mill. is certainly at top of the range...
but it raises the overall average price.

which is fantastic for domainers / nft & metaverse domains in general.

•••
If Metaverse will be the future of internet, NFTS.com will be fueled with very very a lot of money, selling Metaverse Avatars, Furnitures, Lands, Building Parts, Wearable for avatars, all of them are NFTs... People need them to open business, stores, clubs, offices in Metaverse..

Even Reddit just open Marketplace for NFT based avatars. NFTs are not just avatar...

Last edited:
•••
Prices like this are commonly to be found among auctions at christies or sotherbys.
(paintings, cars etc).

Very often, the bidders are rich sheikhs or oligarchs...

As far as I know, UAE (United Arab Emirates) is focusing to become one of the main players regarding metaverse development / new tech like nft etc.

So, open spoken, it wouldn't even surpise me if the bidder was not a big company, but a rich sheikh which see's nfts as future of web3 (the internet in general),
and who tries make important investments for his own company, city, country.

•••
Its one thing to have an ambitious project in mind to be able to convience an investor to invest 15M in just the domain name, and another thing to actually live up to the expectation that within the lifetime of the hype of Metaverse, you are able to not only break even, but even mint enough money to bet on many more such projects in the future!

•••
15 million would buy a ton of marketing. Probably enough to make a $10 domain a household name. Seems like a foolish purchase. I don't see 15 mil worth of marketing value by owning this.

•••
$15,000,000 will never seem like a steal.

•••
overpay? unless it is a corporate end user, then likely

•••
I'd be over the moon with it if just "NFT". The buyer that got "NFT dot com" for a couple million last year is the real winner. Something about adding plural to an existing abbreviation (NFTs), I just wouldn't be as thrilled paying over the odds on it (8 figures). Then again, that's just a personal point of view. It wasn't my money, so whatever. Good for them

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back