IT.COM

advice Wide range of appraisals. Why?

NameSilo
Watch

eggs

Impact
Newbie here, just starting to dip in my toes. I hand-registered a few domains after GoDaddy's appraisals came in at over $2K for two of them. But some other free appraisal sites come in dramatically lower, like low XXX. (I haven't ponied up yet for any of the pay services like Estibot or Sedo, but I will.) What factors could cause there to be such a wide variation?

I have less than $100 invested so far, so either way I'm not out much money. Just looking for some insights before I dive in further. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Epik appraisal free; https://appraise.epik.com/

It uses estibot API; (Save yourself $$)

Disclaimer: Appraisals not God, but they help

Last edited:
•••
It should be stickied somewhere on the forum that automated appraisals are useless. So many newbies fall into that trap.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Read more and wait to register more names until you have an understanding of what makes a name worth something and never rely on automated valuations

•••
“If you can only find a religious bot believer that will buy all bot names for bot worth.”

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the input. Figured I should take automated appraisals with a grain of salt. I'm just surprised at how different the appraisals are from one site to another. Out of curiosity, I just compared one domain I've had parked at GD for months (intended to create a website and never did). GD estimates it as over $1,100. Epik estimates it as $0. So yeah, I think I won't rely on automated valuations at all going forward.

•••
“If you can only find a religious bot believer that will buy all bot names for bot worth.”

Samer
Strange how my post been edited deleted.

•••
Thanks for the input. Figured I should take automated appraisals with a grain of salt. I'm just surprised at how different the appraisals are from one site to another. Out of curiosity, I just compared one domain I've had parked at GD for months (intended to create a website and never did). GD estimates it as over $1,100. Epik estimates it as $0. So yeah, I think I won't rely on automated valuations at all going forward.
Brandable domain?

•••
I tried some new tool which appraise a domain "WebBuilder .com" for $15000 and they had "buy now" option!
But when I discussed this with few of my domainer friends in this industry then no one appraised it beyond $4500. Many domain (auction/expired/parking/aftermarket) platforms all over the Web put quite an exaggerated cost which is 10x to 20x higher than the domain's actual worth if put to an use.

Try to appraise it by discussing with real-domainers/buyers than relying on any automated tool/software/program. These tool are meant for guidance, rather than "final pricing".

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back