IT.COM

advice Why You Need Your Own Domain Sales Site

NameSilo
Watch

DN Playbook

Established Member
Impact
Are you exclusively using mainstream domain marketplaces to sell your domains? And maybe a spreadsheet? Are you sending prospects to your domain page on Sedo or another marketplace?

If so, you are missing out on a lot of potential sales and offers.

Real estate agents have been benefiting from having their own property sales sites for years, in addition to using mainstream listing services. You are selling virtual real estate, internet properties, so why shouldn’t you do the same? Here are the top benefits of having your domain shop:

Read the entire article here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Agree. I migrated all of my domains over to my own portfolio, and for me, it turned out to be the right decision. I doubt very much i will revert back to using any other marketplace platform.

•••
Agree. I migrated all of my domains over to my own portfolio, and for me, it turned out to be the right decision. I doubt very much i will revert back to using any other marketplace platform.
Kindly guide on how to do thi

•••
Kinda of the same but I put on "market" for a couple of months then if not sold onto my own site unless I decide to develop a few...

•••
Great idea IMHO. Thanks for sharing

•••
Do you know end user most time search domain in marketplace. I had sold at least 3 domain all are via Godaddy buyer didn't even bothered to type domain name & visit on a undeveloped landing page where I had listed all three domain less then what they paid on Godaddy.

•••
Have your own landing pages AND list your names at all the marketplaces. Best of both worlds.

•••
I also agree with the "both" strategy - I have all of my domains on my own website (where if somebody types the domain name into their browser's url it forwards directly), and then I also cycle names through GoDaddy, Namejet, etc. at different times, and have many on Afternic as well.

•••
Do you know end user most time search domain in marketplace. I had sold at least 3 domain all are via Godaddy buyer didn't even bothered to type domain name & visit on a undeveloped landing page where I had listed all three domain less then what they paid on Godaddy.

If they had an option between the two marketplaces only, they may have opted to buy via GoDaddy because it is a more recognized name than Undeveloped. They advertise to end-users. It's a matter of trust in the marketplace and buyers may pay little more for the level of confidence, real or perceived. That is not to say that the buyer did not type the domain into the browser.

•••
Have your own landing pages AND list your names at all the marketplaces. Best of both worlds.

The only thing I would add is make sure the domains forward or resolve to your landing pages, not theirs. :xf.wink:

•••
I'd rather use Uniregistry where I can handle communications through their platform myself or if I desire, push a lead to one of their amazing brokers.

Good job @Uniregistry

•••
Done it last year, it was a pain in the ass finding a good developer, but it was all worth it after about 100h of hard work (50h of which wasted by "devs" that clearly had no talent). Unfortunately I have not had yet a deal on it, but I also haven't worked on the outbound part which I plan to start doing later this month.

•••
Well, with search engines not being overly keen on parked pages alone it makes sense to have your own site with at least mentions of and links to your domains, giving your names some much wanted extra exposure!

•••
•••
I'm with the both group. I list BIN on afternic and my landers, and make offer on godaddy and sedo and a couple other smaller markets. Most of my sales have come from landers and afternic, with a couple of bigger sales through godaddy. Sedo hasn't been great with only a couple of smaller sales.

I can't see afternic traffic, but it appears the largest volume of hits comes from the landing pages.

•••
I'd rather use Uniregistry where I can handle communications through their platform myself or if I desire, push a lead to one of their amazing brokers.

Good job @Uniregistry

It certainly is a good tool in the domainer's toolbox. But limiting yourself to just one venue you are missing out on a lot of opportunities. I'm sure they appreciate the traffic too. Here is a way to get Uniregistry to send traffic to your own marketplace. Of course, it is written for connecting Uni to our DMP platform, but I'm sure the principle can be applied to domain shops built on other platforms as well.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back