Domain Empire

Why these tools are not accessible ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

UIunique

Established Member
Impact
Hi to all,
From past few days "hosterstats" site is not opening on chrome browser on my end. I am from some south asian country.
Also another tool "domaintools" is not allowing whois search for the domains as well.
Is it happening with me or others as well.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi to all,
From past few days "hosterstats" site is not opening on chrome browser on my end. I am from some south asian country.
Also another tool "domaintools" is not allowing whois search for the domains as well.
Checked domain tools who is search and it's working fine.
Could be because of your browser or extensions/add-ons. Try a different browser.

•••
Upvote 0
It can be some problems :

- your Government is screening those sites
- those sites have applied limited access from your country
- etc.

Try to download VPN, like Turbo VPN, it is free and available in Google Store. Try to access those sites using VPN and see if it can be fixed or not..

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Thanks guys for your positive replies.

•••
Upvote 0
It can be some problems :

- your Government is screening those sites
- those sites have applied limited access from your country
- etc.

Try to download VPN, like Turbo VPN, it is free and available in Google Store. Try to access those sites using VPN and see if it can be fixed or not..
Yes I think so that might be the reason..

•••
Upvote 0
Hi to all,
What is probably happening is related to botnets trying to scrape data from these tools and it is, unfortunately, affecting innocent users as well.

The botnets are typically using compromised PCs or mobile devices to scrape websites and many sites use software that detects such activity. After repeated attempts from these compromised PCs, the IP address will be blocked and if there are more attempts from the same ISP or range of IP addresses, it can result in the ISP or range of IPs being blocked. A botnet attack generally results in tens of thousands of requests for webpages from different IP addresses in a very short time.

Most of these IP address blocks are temporary and will be cleared when the threat subsides. Using VPNs can also cause problems with some websites as many VPNs use data centre IP addresses and large websites will often block these data centres automatically.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Upvote 0
@jmcc I have also been unable to access HosterStats for a few days

•••
Upvote 0
@jmcc I have also been unable to access HosterStats for a few days
1690963923694.png

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
The site is being hit by a botnet that is trying to scrape webpages. The site has been offline periodically as a result. I'm trying to resolve the issue.

Regards...jmcc
Yes, I know. That's why I took the screenshot to show what is happening.

Are you the owner?
If you are,
how about you set the service up behind a log-in?

Honestly (I know some users might be against this), I would even pay for a subscription if the money was reasonable.

•••
Upvote 0
Yes, I know. That's why I took the screenshot to show what is happening.

Are you the owner?
If you are,
how about you set the service up behind a log-in?

Honestly (I know some users might be against this), I would even pay for a subscription if the money was reasonable.
I've operated it as a public service since it started. Users generally respect the limits and don't abuse the service but this botnet is one of the worst problems (apart from hardware repacements and upgrades) for some time. I've thought about adding a Captcha or a log-in but the log-in would make it more difficult to use. There were some additions to the site planned (HTTPS update, first seen and last seen data, historical website data (active/parked/sale/redirect) along with quicker lookups) but they've been delayed because of the time spent dealing with this problem.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back