IT.COM

Why Opt-in to the Afternic Premium Network is not working for all domains (GoDaddy) that I listed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Camvard

Established Member
Impact
I had listed 160+ domains on Afternic.com just 20 days back. Then I had received mail from Godaddy with the title Action required: Authorize your domains listing for about 50 domains only, which I authorized immediately and are listed as fast-transfer on Afternic now.

However, I didn't receive Authorization e-mail for rest of my domains. Afternic.com replied that it is the responsibility of Godaddy.com. When I contacted Godaddy team, they said, if I will relist my domains, then I may receive authorization email.

I relisted 5 .com domains from the above portfolio 3 days ago, but didn't receive authorization email.

I want to list all of my domains as fast-transfer which are eligible for fast-transfer on afternic.com. Is their any solution for this? Is there another way to give authorization from the same Godaddy account to remaining domains ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes this happens a lot to me too.
Try removing and adding again.

•••
Sometimes it can take a while to get the opt-in email. I got one today for a domain I listed about a month ago. I guess they get so many requests it can take a while to get through them all but you should get there eventually.

•••
  • All domains are register before Jul-Aug, 2018 (So 60+ days)
  • All 160 domains are register on same Godaddy account (50 are already listed as fast-transfer by them)

Strange. Maybe @Joe Styler might know? I'm not sure.

•••
As @D Haynes said, sometimes it takes a while, even for domain names that weren't within a 60-day lock. I think my last Afternic approval email I received was almost 2 months from the time I put the name up on Afternic - and that was for a domain I have at GoDaddy. Just be patient - it will get there.

•••
Are you going to Afternic.com to add domains registered at Godaddy.com?

There is an easier, quicker way to do that via the Beta interface at Godaddy.com - it lets you add domains, in bulk, to Afternic, and edit prices. Seems domains added this way appear in searches at Godaddy in about two days, but check that for yourself.

Last edited:
•••
I will have someone reach out to you to try and assist you with getting the domains listed.

•••
@Bob Hawkes, I figured out that domains listed at GoDaddy, can't be registered for fast transfer until the 60 day lock is up; but for some reason domains at Network Solutions list despite being in the 60 day lock period. Hope this helps

•••
Either they aren't 60 days old OR possibly at a non-partner registrar.

•••
Either they aren't 60 days old OR possibly at a non-partner registrar.
  • All domains are register before Jul-Aug, 2018 (So 60+ days)
  • All 160 domains are register on same Godaddy account (50 are already listed as fast-transfer by them). I supposed Afternic.com is the network of Godaddy

Last edited:
•••
Ok, lets wait for his reply.

•••
•••
•••
I had thought that fast transfer only could be authorized after 60 day lock period? Am I wrong? It seems here it was made fast transfer before.
Fast transfer can get enabled within 60 days from registration. So we don't need to wait for 60 days to make the domain opt-in for fast transfer.

•••
Sometimes it can take a while to get the opt-in email. I got one today for a domain I listed about a month ago. I guess they get so many requests it can take a while to get through them all but you should get there eventually.

@D Haynes Right Sir, thats why I raised this question. They don't provide any deadline for this. For speedy fast-transfer process, either they should provide deadlines by their systems or if they get so many request, then they should allow us manually to do the changes by displaying some push button, both in Afternic and godaddy account. Because for authorization for fast transfer of our domains only we are responsible, they should assign this responsibility in our hands.

•••
•••
Are .co eligible? This is the list of eligible extensions from Afternic Fast Transfer eligible page:
".com, .net, .org, .de, .biz, .pw and .info"

My understanding is only .de and.pw country code are eligible unless their page is out of date. I see that your list has many .me, which I believe are not eligible for fast transfer.

Bob
@Bob Hawkes, Sir, i was also believing until yesterday, that .co is not eligible, but you can check my quick snapshot picture below, yes it is eligible Although they have not mentioned .co in their fast transfer Column heading rules section about this extension.

.me is not eligible, so they have cleared mentioned NO, plz check screenshot. My problem is mainly with .coms first (where red color label is marked "No-Opt-in required" )

upload_2018-11-21_19-44-8.png

•••
Thanks @Camvard for pointing out that .co are now fast transfer. Clearly Afternic (@Joe Styler ) need to update their list of accepted TLDs! Are there other TLDs they accept but not in their official list, anyone?

The only thing I can suggest is to unlist the ones you did not get a notification and then relist them. You shouldn't have to, but that is what worked for me.

I hope you get them listed.

Bob

•••
@Bob Hawkes Thanks Sir!
No sir .co was the only extension that is not present in their official list, if any other new extension would come to my knowledge, if would update here.
Even Unlisting and relisting didn't solve my problem. So i will repeat this process again and again after 3 days (because waiting period for their authorization email), until I will get my results.

•••
Hi @Camvard I looked into a few of the names you have. They were registered on 9-13 so they could not fast transfer until 11-13. You had tried listing them several times before that. If you had waited you should have gotten the opt in on 11-13 or whenever 60 days was up, maybe 11-12.
On the two other names I looked at asa5.com and 7as7.com you were sent opt in notices from GoDaddy at 11/25/2018 11:00:11 PM. We see them in our logs. Can you check and see if you are filtering our emails or they are going to spam, being tied to the same thread as the others with that subject etc?

•••
We are sending you the opt ins as I mentioned earlier. If you are not getting them you can check in your spam folder or continue to work with service@ to determine what is happening. Beyond pulling the logs we have showing we sent them though there is not much we can do. It may help if you have another email address you can try in case the one we are sending them to is filtering the emails.

•••
@Bob Hawkes, I figured out that domains listed at GoDaddy, can't be registered for fast transfer until the 60 day lock is up; but for some reason domains at Network Solutions list despite being in the 60 day lock period. Hope this helps
Yes that is a glitch we are working with them on to correct, the domains can be listed as fast transfer but they still can't transfer if there is a lock on them until the lock expires.

•••
I would like to bring more attention to this thread, I am new as of 4 months ago, and now feel my first year success has been hindered dearly, no not due to sales stats. that depends on the domain and marketing , I get it., this is due to the cost of money and time associated with the massive disadvantages of platform issues and policies. Im paying the 9-25 cost 500 times over and stuck in 60 day lock, and many afternic fast trasnfers taking 4 months and still not activated. Countless hours calling and listing, I could be spending all this confusion and time building on skill sets that will bring further success, mean while others are regging at 1 dollar, listing afternic fast transfer with in a day or two, and getting auth codes after just a few days with other registrars. I agree its a benifit to have GD account for other reasons, but to have trusted them sinking 90% of my eggs in one basket was a bad choice it appears.

Something is wrong here. it needs to be addressed.
You cannot transfer a domain with 60 days of a new registration it has a lock on it mandated by ICANN if it is a GTLD, cctlds vary.

•••
I am also getting multiple deletions from afternic listings, stating in the emails they can not prove ownership ......... these domains are all hosted with Godaddy.. explain that one eh :(
If your domains are registered at GoDaddy you can link your account with Afternic and they will be approved instantly.

•••
Just seen this thread.
Had added a few names and now waiting for email etc. Seems a very convoluted process compared to other similar providers.
Was going to add a lot more names but seems like a PIA.
Give it a couple of days and then revert from what I can see

And getting this on a regular basis last 2 days:

"We apologize, but something seems to have gone wrong...
Our technical team will have a solution very shortly."

Not very encouraging.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back