Dynadot

question Why I am not able to use my domain name??!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tazul

Impact
Today I have received a email from eBay Legal Department that I am not able to use my domain contained ebay word. In the mail, they also described the reason and I seems they also have logic in there massage. Right now, I have few question in my mind.

Firstly, I would like to know if the email massage is valid? (Sender name was Edith)

Secondly, If the email is valid and I am not able to use my domain, then the major question is: WHY DID THE DOMAIN COMPANY SELL TO ME? I mean if the domain has any legal issue to use why they have sold to me?

Finally, If I can bought a domain (amazonebayexpertcom) and the domain company can sell to me, I think there should not have any legal issue to use. Please experts can leave some knowledgeable comments and does anyone know if what is going to happen with my domain ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Today I have received a email from eBay Legal Department that I am not able to use my domain contained ebay word. In the mail, they also described the reason and I seems they also have logic in there massage. Right now, I have few question in my mind.

Firstly, I would like to know if the email massage is valid? (Sender name was Edith)

Secondly, If the email is valid and I am not able to use my domain, then the major question is: WHY DID THE DOMAIN COMPANY SELL TO ME? I mean if the domain has any legal issue to use why they have sold to me?

Finally, If I can bought a domain (amazonebayexpertcom) and the domain company can sell to me, I think there should not have any legal issue to use. Please experts can leave some knowledgeable comments and does anyone know if what is going to happen with my domain ?

Welcome to the forum.

Any domain with eBay as part of the name is Trademark infringement. eBay is diligent about protecting their trademark, so they will typically send more than one email. Usually a series of emails until you either delete the name, or surrender it to them. If the domain you mentioned in your post is the actual name, which I suspect it is, then you have additional issues, as you are violating Amazon's trademark, as well.

Based upon the registration date it is too late to request a grace delete, but it never hurts to try. However, probably best to just delete the domain from your account, and consider it a lesson learned.

Might be best to read up on Trademarks, and domaining in general, before you register anymore domain names, IMHO. The links below are a good place to start. Best of luck.

https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-beginners.25/

https://www.namepros.com/forums/legal-discussion.229/

•••
It is buyer's responsibility, not to buy an trademarked domain. Registrar can't check all the trademarks b4 giving away domain to you.

•••
amazonebayexpertcom

Two famous trademarks in one domain just screaming for trouble.

Just try to get out of it, Delete.

•••
Stay away from any company names, 99% of them are trdemarked

•••
Thank you all, seems really I just learned a lesson. So it is clear the email was sent by eBay, yes, I am going to change my domain name and of course in future I will take care about the trademark before I choose any name. Again, thank you all for your response.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back