IT.COM

analysis Why Having a "Buy Now" Link Is Paramount in Outbounding!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jv1999

Hopeless Fighter: Desolate Knight of Exo TowersTop Member
Impact
So, today I experimented doing Retrace!(1) with people who opened the email to an outbounded domain from last fall.

There were no clicks, but it's a real estate domain, so I figured that sending out these emails wasn't so bad because they're realtors who send out daily reminders about properties ^_^.

Anyway, my fall email had no links, just asked them to email me back if they're interested. Got no bites.

This morning I sent out my Retrace! to the people who opened my fall email with an Undeveloped "Buy Now" link.

Within minutes, it got BIN'd!

I think this is a big learning thingy because if I simply went by my fall email, i would've assumed that 0 people were interested because they never even bothered to reply.

But then this quick BIN made me realize they were, in fact, interested (if not very interested), but for some IRL reason (too busy, might be scam, etc.) didn't reply back or show interest.

I theorize that the Undeveloped BIN link gives potential buyers an easy way to buy the domain without having to reply or do much else. Also, Undeveloped provides a cushion of trust that we simply can't give because most of us aren't huge businesses.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
For lower tier names, I agree. For premium names, it is not necessary and in most cases causes price anchoring.

•••
For lower tier names, I agree. For premium names, it is not necessary and in most cases causes price anchoring.

I agree if the name is like $10k+. But even then, if you already know what price you want to price, then there's absolutely no disbenefit in putting a BIN for that price.

But if you're just doing the make offer to see how high it can go... then yes. I've read lots of sail posts where someone said they thought a name was only worth 4k but then they left it at make offer, and suddenly they got a 10k offer and they countered for 15k and ..deal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back