NameSilo

Why Having a "Buy Now" Link Is Paramount in Outbounding!

Labeled as analysis in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion started by Jv1999, Apr 25, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Jv1999

Jv1999 New Adventures: Learned Squire of the Exo-Tower VIP

So, today I experimented doing Retrace!(1) with people who opened the email to an outbounded domain from last fall.

There were no clicks, but it's a real estate domain, so I figured that sending out these emails wasn't so bad because they're realtors who send out daily reminders about properties ^_^.

Anyway, my fall email had no links, just asked them to email me back if they're interested. Got no bites.

This morning I sent out my Retrace! to the people who opened my fall email with an Undeveloped "Buy Now" link.

Within minutes, it got BIN'd!

I think this is a big learning thingy because if I simply went by my fall email, i would've assumed that 0 people were interested because they never even bothered to reply.

But then this quick BIN made me realize they were, in fact, interested (if not very interested), but for some IRL reason (too busy, might be scam, etc.) didn't reply back or show interest.

I theorize that the Undeveloped BIN link gives potential buyers an easy way to buy the domain without having to reply or do much else. Also, Undeveloped provides a cushion of trust that we simply can't give because most of us aren't huge businesses.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Go4John

Go4John New Member

Thanks for sharing!
    So how is the buy now link extracted to your mail?

3. Jv1999

By using a hyperlink,

4. Corey

Corey bonus space available Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Congrats Jv on your sale & lesson ;)

I also have a Buy Now Link to Undeveleped on my new sales landers.

Cheers
    Corey

5. IPBFlippers

IPBFlippers Established Member

Thank you for sharing. I'll try this out too.

6. singhhooda

singhhooda Established Member

Thanks for sharing.

Do you share full link or the short link and with or without https?

Options :
    1. Full link :
    https://undeveloped.com/buy-domain/domain.com
    or
    http://undeveloped.com/buy-domain/domain.com

2. Short link : (name servers set to Undeveloped)
    https://domain.com
    or
    http://domain.com

7. TauseefKhan

TauseefKhan Established Member

I think undeveloped should have a wiki page too which can be shared as an endnote to make it trustful.

8. frank-germany

frank-germany F1lter.com xpired domain search engine Gold Account VIP

what was your BIN price?

9. Jv1999

i usually redirect domain to undev, then just put a simple hyperlink to the domain! ^_^

looks less scammy because the actual domain being sold is the actual sales page ^_^.

10. Jv1999

i tried linking to crunchbase profile for undev. for some of my Retrace! but no one clicked those links. No one seems to care tbh. I think they trust Undev if they really want the domain. And if they don't trust Undev, it's because they probably already sux at the internet -- i.e.: can't check email or do normal things online already. :tightlyclosedeyes:

11. Jv1999

as most of my Retrace!, it was sadly one twenty cinco. i bet coulda had more... :x.

12. singhhooda

singhhooda Established Member

Why you redirect rather than setting name servers?

NetworkSolutions doesn't offer free service for redirecting (or forwarding), so you pay to buy that feature?

You have mentioned you share hyperlink of domain so do you share it with http or https?

What do you mean by retrace?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  13. hookbox

hookbox Top Member VIP

I'm really surprised that someone would click on a random link in an email from someone they don't know. Congrats on the sale.

14. Skumars

Skumars Established Member

I think this would work for low priced domains only. If people don't reply, then it might be because they might have thought it to be some overpriced domain. But by giving a price in the low zone, the doubt related to price fades out and they proceed with the BIN.

Looking for some comments/suggestions/experiences on above... ;)

15. Jv1999

I suppose that's true. Thank you for the insight. Now I understand why some of my campaigns yielded people replying "yes i'm interested" or soemthign like that and me being frustrated why they wouldn't click on the link to checkout...

So I think the strategy in that case would be to send an Undeveloped Lead rather than asking them again to click on the link :thinking:

But tbh, that's why my hyperlinks are to the domain itself. I mean, if it were a webpage, then it would be scary. But it's to the domain itself... which should disperse at least some fears. I mean, they're going to the product they're planning on buying. Not like they wouldn't have done that anyway.

16. Jv1999

Well, as @infosec3 put it, you're right. They BIN because the price is so low that they can't say no!

I suppose that my OP applies to regular outbound too. But i should've caveat'd it for only GEO/service domains. Because when you outbound these, you're supposed to be sailing at a discount.

17. FolioTeam

FolioTeam Top Member VIP

Congrats on the sale

18. Rinkuji

Rinkuji Top Member VIP

Excellent Idea. Thanks for sharing @Jv1999

19. MapleDots

MapleDots Domain Properties 2010 - 2019 VIP

This topic is totally irrelevant and should have a title of...

"How I practically gave my domain away"

Seriously, I don't mean to disrespect the OP but I can repeat your little adventure with numerous domains by giving them away.

Set yourself a respectable minimum selling price and focus on making a reasonable payday. I would rather sit in the sun and have morning coffee with my family instead of wasting time giving domains away.

I don't mean to be harsh here but imagine how many times you would have to repeat your little stint to make a decent living.

20. Jv1999

Hmm. It's weird. You say diz w/o even knowing what the domain was???

I mean, you're right. Because I realize it could've gone for over $500.

But then again, I could've had MorrisPlainsNJPrivateRealEstate.com and I'm sure no one here would say it could've gone for more than what i sold it for.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: