IT.COM

information Why Domain Name Investors Are Buying Up NFTs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
There's a reason domain name investors are flocking to NFTs. And one industry veteran says it's still early days for unlocking NFT investment value.

Andrew Miller is CEO of ATM Holdings, and has invested in and advised some of the highest-value domain name transactions on record, including recent deals for Home.com, Candy.com, and Universal.com. He founded CreditCards.com and InsuranceQuotes.com, both successful exits.

He started investing in NFTs in 2021, and acquired his first Bored Ape in August.

Untitled.jpg

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So, what is special about a NFT. I can pay something (like 10 USD) for a very high resolution image (stockphoto), but it wouldn't become mine, others can also buy it, and even if noone else buys it, the person who sold it to me, would keep a copy,..and in the future he can sell the same thing for a cheaper price to others.
and if I display that image somewhere, others can save (download) that image, so they would get it for free.
So , where does the value come from?

.c and .1 "domains" make more sense although they don't resolve, because once they are sold somewhere, they are taken everywhere, no duplication is possible (unless another network creates the "same" "domains").
I think some people are selling emotional attachments. So, this is like being obsessesed with number of followers, or likes on social media.
I'm open to new ideas, and not biased on this topic, but I really can't see any value in such things. I don't mean there is no value, I just can't see it. Wondering what the logic is.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back