IT.COM

discuss Why doesn't Dan.com provide more data?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Why don't platforms like Dan.com provide more data about the visitors to our domains? All we get is a view count, which is 100% useless and has 0 correlation to sales. We don't know who or what is visiting our domains, for how long, where they come from. Is there a reason why Dan.com doesn't collect this or provide this to us?

Other platforms like Afternic or Sedo, aren't much more useful. But Dan has a nice interface, but they don't use it to provide anything of value when it comes to people visiting our names.

Do you agree? Or do you find that you don't need this information? Are you satisfied with the data that you get right now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can set up your own landing pages with analytics and get this.

•••
You can set up Google Analytics under 'integrations' (I think) which will tell you that at least 99% of all of your visits are from BOTS as they stay on your domain name for 1 second or less. I get maybe 4-5 genuine visits per month out of between 2.5 to 3,000 visits from real people as they tend top stay longer, sometimes even minutes LOL.

You will need to import your GA Id to Dan.

Also, Dan is free which is probably why it is limited.

Not all that glistens is gold.horse

Rgrds,

Redd

•••
What prevents Dan.com from collecting this data themselves without us having to integrate it? Or they don't want to, because as @Reddstagg mentioned that it's all bots?

Last edited:
•••
What prevents Dan.com from collecting this data themselves without us having to integrate it? Or they don't want to, because as @Reddstagg mentioned that it's all bots?
Everything you want is in Google Analytics. All you need to do is set it up since Dan obviously cannot do it on your behalf.
The stats clearly show that the visits are not all bots. You can verify time spent on the page, bounce rate, origin and many more valuable metrics.

•••
After pointing nearly 2,000 names at Dan.com and setting up GA, I can say that nearly all visits are bots. Additionally, the stats using the google analytics interface are unecessary convoluted and are not set up for tracking domains like this. I would still wonder why doesn't Dan.com just keep track themselves and provide us relevant info?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back