NameSilo

Why does Sav.com auctions suck so badly?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Anthony Ettinger

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I thought u will say why they suck cause its crap names ending with 1000s in final prices ... xyz..io..co.etc

•••
•••
Could be the name; is it a non-com pseudo-extension?

Sav is also new.

•••
Because auctions must start at $1 on Sav, it is true that many auctions close for just a few dollars. That said, most strong names do go for a reasonable wholesale price. While both retail and wholesale buyers can bid at Sav, I suspect that most buyers are wholesale in the auctions.

I am not quite sure, but I am pretty certain that the only Sav sales that are tracked at NameBio are from the auctions (and occasionally a private seller who reports Sav as venue). Assuming that is so, I had a look at the past 12 months. Over that time period Sav auctions accounted for $1.8 million, with 5351 reported sales at an average price of $336. Here is the list: https://namebio.com/?s==ADO1kDN4EDN (you will need a NameBio account to access the details).

The largest sale was for $31,250 (an .xyz name). I had a look at the top 20 sales and here is breakdown by TLD:
  • io 11
  • org 4
  • com 1
  • xyz 1
  • co 1
  • tech 1
  • international 1
Even if I go to the top 50 Sav auction sales of the past 12 months, only 2 of them are .com. I found the above somewhat surprising, with many more org, and especially io sales, than com. It does not mean you can't get a good price for a .com, but just that fewer are selling on that auction platform (it is just the reverse at GoDaddy auctions that are dominated by .com).

I may at some point do a deeper analysis.

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
sir Bob... and others... the names that sell for 100s and 1000s and sav are often slash usually less quality than what most domainers sell and report from their sales elsewhere...
.. for io...co.. even xyz...something ain't right when that happens.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back