IT.COM

question Why do GoDaddy push emails state Initiated, instead of Completed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am having issues with escrow, as I forward them push confirmation after the buyer accepts the push, but they state

A Change of Account has been initiated.

I have to agree with escrow, this is very confusing, and they need to change it to

A Change of Account has been COMPLETED

Hopefully someone from godaddy sees this, and can change the email template.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Joe Styler
Maybe you can pass it on, or explain the logic behind it?

Thank you

•••
Guys you got to speak up, if you want such problems resolved

•••
Why don't you show them the WHOIS info with buyers information?

Or, send escrow the email with the message "Item cancellation confirmation" where it shows that the domain has been removed from your account?

•••
Why don't you show them the WHOIS info with buyers information?

Or, send escrow the email with the message "Item cancellation confirmation" where it shows that the domain has been removed from your account?

Whois update is not enough for them, I have forwarded them the cancellation notice which usually comes 6-12 hours later, so let's see what happens with that. That is not the general issue, this issue will keep happening unless they fix the wording on that email.

The issue is the wording on the confirmation of the godaddy push email, as INITIATED, escrow tells me this simply means started, not completed. Which I agree, but this email only sends out after the buyer accepts the push, hence the issue.

Not the first time it has happend, so that is why I try to get others to speak up, so godaddy can change the wording. All other registers say CONFIRMED<COMPLETED etc...

A simple change of a single word will help others not have to jump thru these hio

•••
I agree with you. A simple Completed email would be a nice addition to sales, so nobody can say later that he or she didn't receive the domain.

•••
Well, you can try to initiate a petition :) and let people sign for this changes!
Yes, Godaddy isn't obligated to accept it, but at least it will show them there is something that domainers need.

•••
I agree with you. A simple Completed email would be a nice addition to sales, so nobody can say later that he or she didn't receive the domain.

This is the exact title of the email, when the buyer accepts the domain push ---->>>
--------
A Change of Account has been initiated.
--------

When an escrow agent sees this, it looks like ok, you pushed the domain so what. As for whois, I could manually go into my account, and change it with the domain in my account, so they cannot take that at face value which I understand.

I would think they have seen enough of them to know, but until I got into this situation and saw the first email upon push stated PENDING, after the buyer accepts stated INITIATED it makes absolutely no sense.

That is why I brought it to namepros, let's see what happens, I am not worried about my transaction, but less hoops we have to jump thru after the fact just makes it easier for everyone, including escrow who I understand have to maintain security on both sides of the transaction.

•••
I even think @Eric Lyon would be interested to participate and help with the promotion of petition

•••
Well, you can try to initiate a petition :) and let people sign for this changes!
Yes, Godaddy isn't obligated to accept it, but at least it will show them there is something that domainers need.

Well I hope common sense prevails, hopefully they can have a meeting, and agree in consensus what makes more sense, I have attempted to bring it to someone's attention, I am going to leave it at that.

•••
I 100% agree and have wondered about this myself. GoDaddy's email title is nonsensical and should be changed.

•••
I 100% agree and have wondered about this myself. GoDaddy's email title is nonsensical and should be changed.

Thanks T, let's hope someone from Godaddy is listening.

•••
@Joe Styler hoping you could weigh in on this at some point please?

in·i·ti·ate
verb
1. to cause (a process or action) to begin

To say Change of Account initiated for xxxxxxx.com once the process has completed is 100% incorrect.

•••
not sure. I looked into it with the email team. I know some people are saying they aren't getting the completed emails anymore. But I got as far as getting an audit done, the email itself is going out still and last month alone tens of thousands of this specific email were sent. We checked and did some tests, right now it appears some people are getting it and some aren't (the ones asking about it). They need to do some more tests but we have a pretty complex rule system around emails that are sent. It could be that you just won't get them depending on how many other emails you get from us that month. We have a limit and we have priorities so something legal would be a top priority, letting you know your domain or hosting is expiring is top priority and a marketing email would a low priority. Depending on how many emails you get from us already that are top priority you may not get a completed email. The initiated would be top priority because if you didn't want a name moving out of your account you need to know it is happening. That is my guess on why you are not seeing some emails coming but there needs to be further investigation to know for sure, and before you ask can we just make this one a top priority, I don't know. We can't make every email a priority and there are laws and rules and best practices around email sending so there are other people who weigh in on what we send like lawyers :) I can only ask but wont until we can figure out what is happening with this email. For now I only know we are sending it still and sending 10s of thousands of them and some people are not getting them.

•••
To be clear, I always receive the emails. For me the issue is the wording in the email subject of the second email. That email says the change of account has been "initiated" when indeed it has been "completed".

When doing an account change, I receive two emails:

The first email (when I first initiate the process) is titled:
Change of Registrant Initiated

The second email (once the recipient has logged in and accepted the domain already) is titled:
Change of Account initiated for xxxxxxxxxxx.com.

Why does it say "initiated" still?

The second email's title simply needs changed to:
Change of Account completed for xxxxxxxxxxx.com.

That's all. :)

•••
To be clear, I always receive the emails. For me the issue is the wording in the email subject of the second email. That email says the change of account has been "initiated" when indeed it has been "completed".

The second email (once the recipient has logged in and accepted the domain already) is titled:

I always get the email also, and everything posted above in this comment is correct.

It is just changing the wording to Completed, but I understand how such a template would have to go thru legal, and rules of governance etc... Just something to add to the list.

•••

I always get the email also, and everything posted above in this comment is correct.

It is just changing the wording to Completed, but I understand how such a template would have to go thru legal, and rules of governance etc... Just something to add to the list.

Can you send me a copy of both of them the initiated and the initiated that is actually completed? So I can take a look and see what is happening? Thanks.

•••
Here you go, Joe. Hope this helps.

Also, IMHO, Email #2 should include the new registrant's email address (as in Email #1).

Attachments

• accountchange.jpg
    accountchange.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 26
•••
This was actually taken care of weeks ago, but just wanted to say thank you @Joe Styler for making sure this got changed.

The emails now say "Change of account confirmed for xxxxxxxxxxxx"

B-)

•••
Yes we did get the updated :)

•••
Yes we did get the updated :)

Can you also please fix the copy on those "your items have been cancelled" emails that give me a heart attack every time i get a notification for one?

A transfer or a push shouldn't have that language, imo.

•••
I thought the reason for saying it was initiated was because when you start an account change, it doesn't go through until the recipient does the "quick accept" in their own account. So technically at that point it has only been initiated and the phrasing was accurate. Then when the other party accepts the incoming account change you get the item cancellation email, which is I think the email that should be changed.

•••
We changed one that goes after the name has completed the move to the new account. We send this email- which used to say completed, was mistakenly changed to initiated and was changed back to say completed. We also have and still send a separate email which says initiated when the change is started but not completed.

•••
Back